Reset Leptin Levels?

Options
karirenae
karirenae Posts: 106 Member
Ive heard that a reset of leptin levels after several straight weeks of 20g or less carbs daily, is good for you... I was losing almost a lb a day, then I gained 2 lbs ( without changing anything in my diet) and now am stuck there... Im wondering if I should have one high carb meal, like boneless wings for example, to reset my leptin levels? How long exactly does it take for your levels to even out to the point where you could possibly stop losing?

Replies

• karirenae
    karirenae Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    I guess Im asking if anyone has had luck with eating one meal or a cheat day to get back to losing after being stuck for a few days..
  • kirkor
    kirkor Posts: 2,530 Member
    Options
    You don't need carbs to reset leptin, just a calorie bump --- keep your same macros but eat at maintenance a week or so.
  • Dragonwolf
    Dragonwolf Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options
    It's really only useful if you're already pretty lean and working on getting leaner (see also: Carb Nite), or if you're also doing some pretty extreme restrictions (see also: Bulletproof Rapid Fat Loss Protocol).

If you're overweight and eating at a reasonable deficit with sufficient protein and fat, odds are you don't really need to do a leptin reset any time soon. Things like metabolic disorder need to be fixed before you need to worry about leptin resets, and progress on such issues are hindered by carb refeeds.