A Different Way to Cook Bacon in the Microwave

Options
DittoDan
DittoDan Posts: 1,850 Member

Replies

• Sajyana
    Sajyana Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    I roll up the bacon to cook it in the oven so I can a truckload on the trays to have on hand on the fridge.

My personal belief is that cooking bacon in the microwave is sacrilege!! ;)
  • camtosh
    camtosh Posts: 898 Member
    Options
    But all those paper towels will absorb all the yummy bacon grease... :(
  • GrannyMayOz
    GrannyMayOz Posts: 1,051 Member
    Options
    Sajyana wrote: »
    I roll up the bacon to cook it in the oven so I can a truckload on the trays to have on hand on the fridge.

What temp and how long for Sajyana? I think I need to do this instead of getting 'fat spat' burns from the frying pan ;)

• Sajyana
    Sajyana Posts: 518 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Sajyana wrote: »

What temp and how long for Sajyana? I think I need to do this instead of getting 'fat spat' burns from the frying pan ;)

200C for 30 minutes makes it crispy. I don't roll them quite so tightly as the video but don't be afraid to have them close. The bacon shrinks as it cooks.

If you don't want it crunchy just cook it for less time until it's at the point where you like to eat it. It's so much easier. I don't turn it either.

Then I pour off the bacon grease while it's still warm and keep it for cooking with. I keep it in a glass jar in the fridge.

*Edit* I forgot to mention that I use baking paper to stop the bacon sticking to the tray. If you're cooking more than one lot on the tray you can re-use the paper.
  • GrannyMayOz
    GrannyMayOz Posts: 1,051 Member
    Options
    That's awesome Sajyana, thank you so much. I shall be doing some of that as soon as I finish my dinner, and I hope some of it will make it into a jar as bacon crumbles to add to various stuff over the coming days. (Or minutes lol) Yes, I definitely want crispy squeee!
  • PrimalRemedy
    PrimalRemedy Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I LOVE this idea! BTW I read your bio and went WHAT?? My hubby and I live in Shelby! 28 years in Rochester Hills. ha ha Small world, Dan! I am following the Primal/Paleo Diet but on the lower carb side of things. Good luck to you!
  • DittoDan
    DittoDan Posts: 1,850 Member
    Options
    I LOVE this idea! BTW I read your bio and went WHAT?? My hubby and I live in Shelby! 28 years in Rochester Hills. ha ha Small world, Dan! I am following the Primal/Paleo Diet but on the lower carb side of things. Good luck to you!

Hidee ho good neighbor! (I sent you a friend request). I own 2.5 acres in Shelby. Work in Sterling Heights.....

(taking offline)

Dan the Man from Michigan
    My Blog: It's Ketogenic or Bariatric (How I found the Ketogenic Diet)

• PrimalRemedy
    Options
    Isn't that funny? We live at 25/Shelby. Tried the bacon and loved it, except our micro is so powerful I think I need to back it down to 80% because the paper plates started to burn. But no messy clean-up!
  • PrimalRemedy
    Options
    I will read your blog when I get a chance and I got your friend request so we are cool! Have a great day, Dan.
  • nill4me
    nill4me Posts: 682 Member
    Options
    awesome video dan. thanks as always!
  • RATSMITH69
    RATSMITH69 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    ROFL I did this at work early this morning (about an hour before others come in) so I would have a "stash" to grab and go on the upcoming busy days (I work in a Surgery Center so it's crazy some days). I've had people asking me all day about my diet and "aren't you trying to loose weight?". I've been sniggling at them all day!! Thanks @DittoDan for the great idea.