New and Just Getting Started

Options
adkates1287
adkates1287 Posts: 6 Member
Hello! My name is Amber and I'm 26. I have struggled with my weight my entire life: yo-yo dieting, unhealthy eating habits, low self-esteem, etc. I have always wanted to be "normal". I believed all of my problems would go away if I were skinny. I hated my body and hated myself. Then I met my husband who makes me feel beautiful, and we just had a little girl 2 months ago.
Now, my focus has changed. I want to be healthy, not just for myself, but for my daughter. I see myself in here, and do not want her going down the same path I went on. That's where you come in - whoever you are. I know myself well enough to know that I need a support group. Weightloss friends who are there to push and encourage me when I get inside my own head.
I look forward to getting to you, and to help you as we continue this journey together!

Replies

• rdmoore85
    rdmoore85 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Hi Amber! Welcome to the group. I'll be happy to help you in any way I can. If you ever need to talk about any of your struggles along your journey, feel free to chat with me. Just remember that every healthy choice you make each day is a little win and all those little wins add up quickly. Just remember that time, patience and perseverance will accomplish all things. Don't give up and remember that we are all here for you if you need us.
  • craftscout
    craftscout Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    Yep, celebrate every victory. And remember that the slower you lose, the higher the probability that you will keep it off. Being able to run after your daughter when she becomes a toddler will be amazing. :)
  • adkates1287
    adkates1287 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Thank you guys so much!
  • Skittles2183
    Skittles2183 Posts: 1,624 Member
    Options
    Hi Amber and welcome, first thing I have to say to you and wtg for doing MFP and wanting to be healthier. that really is the first step. also remember we all fall down. I started out at 370lbs. I was last year at 304, I am now 316 I got back up and I am starting back over because I have MFP and all the amazing people here to help me. I have learned so much this past year, How to deal with my issues to make me not go running to food. I also learned how to love my self. if you ever want to chat I am here
  • stevehendersonjr
    Options
    Welcome to the group!! I can totally relate. MFP and the gym are my two newest friends. I have learned so much over the past few months by using MFP. It has changed how I look at food totally. I joined this group for motivation as well, and that is exactly what I have gotten.
  • shamrocker182
    Options
    Welcome! Congrats on your baby, and good for you for sticking with old goals, using new motivations! I'm just getting started on my journey as well, consistency is key!