MFP not updating suddenly.

Options
13»

Replies

• xSammyKayx
    Options
    I haven't had any syncing since last Monday, so 7 days now.

I'm glad I'm not the only one, but annoyed that it's still happening :c
  • heather_hearts_travel
    heather_hearts_travel Posts: 864 Member
    Options
    Same here. STILL not syncing.
  • lydre
    lydre Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Same, despite the update to the thread saying most users were fixed. Sigh
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,604 Member
    Options
    I've had syncing problems for a LONG time and just got used to unlinking and linking again to update mfp. I stopped a few days again when I read you get put at the end of the list for fixing when you do that but mfp was like 500 calories off on Saturday and it was annoying. :)
  • heather_hearts_travel
    heather_hearts_travel Posts: 864 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    I sent an e-mail to support, and got a reply saying to unlink the accounts (unlink FB from MFP, and revoke access to MFP from Fitbit's website), wait 15 minutes, then reconnect. I was hesitant since that is exactly what they said NOT to do, but it did solve my issues. Now happily connected again.

ETA - the e-mail also said to be sure to do these actions from the website, not the apps. THEN to make sure FitBit is checked on the "Steps" option if I'm using the MFP app.
  • stacey_rayner
    stacey_rayner Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I sent an e-mail to support, and got a reply saying to unlink the accounts (unlink FB from MFP, and revoke access to MFP from Fitbit's website), wait 15 minutes, then reconnect. I was hesitant since that is exactly what they said NOT to do, but it did solve my issues. Now happily connected again.

ETA - the e-mail also said to be sure to do these actions from the website, not the apps. THEN to make sure FitBit is checked on the "Steps" option if I'm using the MFP app.

Yes try this, i just did it and it has worked.
  • stacey_rayner
    Options

Yes try this, i just did it and it has worked.

okay as an update this only temporarily worked. Getting rather annoyed it won't update on its own anymore.
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,604 Member
    Options
    I haven't figured out if it's temporary or not for me. I pre-logged my exercise on the fitbit site (my One still over estimates so I'm overriding with the hopefully truer numbers) and forced a sync but not all of it transferred over to mfp. I *think* that might be because some of that exercise is going to happen tonight and it was still morning at the time of syncing.

For me, it seems anything logged on mfp syncs with fitbit but not vice versa.
  • Lpruett7
    Lpruett7 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Mine started not syncing a couple days ago out of the blue.it doesn't even show up on my fitnesspal like It used to in my diary section.i read some reviews saying you should disconnect them and reconnect. Ive done that and still it shows they are connected on my fit bit app and on my fitness pal but not syncing on my fitness pal:(
  • Teresa_3266
    Teresa_3266 Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    Mine is still messed up. Has anyone tried to use the Fitbit website for logging calories. It doesn't seem as user friendly, but I'm thinking it might be a solution if MFP doesn't get their act together and fix this issue!
  • Keepingtrack1234
    Keepingtrack1234 Posts: 911 Member
    Options
    I just have been disconnecting/reconnecting when I want an update. Yes, very annoying.
  • heybales
    heybales Posts: 18,842 Member
    Options
    Has anyone tried making a bogus entry on MFP's side for exercise, and waiting?

Though really, the food entries should accomplish the same thing.

If you do it through the web account, still delayed?
    Mine's within seconds only using web accounts.
  • stacey_rayner
    Options
    heybales wrote: »
    Has anyone tried making a bogus entry on MFP's side for exercise, and waiting?

Though really, the food entries should accomplish the same thing.

If you do it through the web account, still delayed?
    Mine's within seconds only using web accounts.

For the sake of trying something for mfp to work with the fb adjustment I did this and I have to say it did NOT work. The only way is if I disconnect fb then reconnect it to see any changes in my adjustment amount. So off to complain again on the app page.
  • samfitbit
    samfitbit Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    does anyone know if this is a fitbit or mfp issue?
  • terikate3
    terikate3 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Everyday I have to disconnect and reconnect Fitbit with MFP to get it to sync. It is annoying as heck. I am hoping they fix the glitch soon because I am putting off upgrading my Fitbit device because of this issue.
  • heybales
    heybales Posts: 18,842 Member
    Options
    samfitbit wrote: »
    does anyone know if this is a fitbit or mfp issue?

Depends on which issue you see, mostly seems to be MFP side.

Fitbit has received MFP meals blocks, but MFP hasn't received a recent daily burn figure.

I don't think either side shoots the data off and waits for confirmation, too time consuming.
    Or they receive a simple we got it ack, but not that it was really applied to the account yet ack.
    So as far as one side is concerned - it sent updated stats, and it ain't sending anything again until there is something new to send.

From Fitbit's side, it only sends new daily burn info when it goes up by 100 calories. That would be ridiculous to send it after every increase of 1 calorie.

So I've tested on my working account, if you manually log a workout on MFP that replaces the Fitbit calorie burn but doesn't cause an increase of over 100 in daily burn - no new data from Fitbit is sent to MFP.
    I've not tested that from Fitbit though, I'll have to remember to.