Plantar Fasciitis - tips

Options
Greetings,

I'm dealing with a horrible bit with plantar fasciitis in my left foot. That means walking, running are on hold, for now. I've been doing a bit of spinning and will start swimming this week.

Any suggestions on healing or exercises that can be done in the interim?

Thanks
Cheryl

Replies

• cherylgreen9699
    cherylgreen9699 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Thanks!
  • Juanita0714
    Options
    I too suffer from Plantar Fasciitis. Thanks for asking that question and for sharing the exercises!
  • vecchi
    vecchi Posts: 23
    Options
    Hi there,it's such a terrible condition,I had it a couple of years back,try massaging with a golf ball,place golf ball of the floor on a towel or a mat and put bare foot over ball and a a little pressure at a time and roll foot around,half an hour a few times a day,it really helps
  • focusedAndetermind
    Options
    Greetings,

I'm dealing with a horrible bit with plantar fasciitis in my left foot. That means walking, running are on hold, for now. I've been doing a bit of spinning and will start swimming this week.

Any suggestions on healing or exercises that can be done in the interim?

Thanks
    Cheryl

Hi Cheryl I had it bad in my left leg.Went foot doc and he told me to stretch it out by the following exercise:1)Get a towel ,2)Sit on your bed or floor with legs stretched out in front of you 4)take towel and wrap around arch area and pull towel towards you 5) counting from 1-10 is good enough of a pull ,5)relax the foot a bit , 6)repeat as needed.
    For me this,this simple method has been a life saver.Good luck.
  • JenaOnTrack74
    JenaOnTrack74 Posts: 443 Member
    Options
    Kalso Earth Shoes!! They are a bit funky BUT the helped me so much, when I had Plantar faciitis. They have a negative heel, and gave a lot of relief! Here is a short explanation about negative heel:
    Earth Kalso® footwear distinguishes itself with patented Kalso Negative Heel Technology®. This unique design positions your toes higher than your heels, helping to improve your posture and reduce joint stress with every step.

They feel strange at first but the relief they provided was awesome!