Asking for support! (Restrictive eating habits)

Options
2»

Replies

• Nony_Mouse
    Nony_Mouse Posts: 5,646 Member
    Options
    Thought that might work ;). Okay, I will keep the 'tough love' in my back pocket for now. I think seeing the dietician once a week is a great idea, and I am so proud of you for talking to the IOP people about what you need right now. I think having something from the dietician in terms of a meal plan will really help you.

Re water, a sipper bottle might be useful for you. Have it with you at all times, and just sip away. Start off with a goal to get through one bottle a day, and work up. Soon it will become habit.

Don't give up hope. Yes, there is some damage, but nothing irreversible at this stage. Big (((hugs))).
  • alskarani
    alskarani Posts: 83
    Options
    I tried to be a little more free today with what I ate. (I got on the scale this morning, and I was almost 3 lbs down from a couple days ago, which makes about 4lbs in the past week. This scared me a little.)

BUT, I'm feeling anxious now that maybe I ate too much.

I hate feeling trapped like this. Grocery shopping is a nightmare, cooking is no fun. (And I love cooking more than almost anything in the world!) I want normal back! But it's not so easy.

I don't know what I'm trying to say, really. Just feeling a bit discouraged. :(
  • Nony_Mouse
    Nony_Mouse Posts: 5,646 Member
    Options
    (((((hugs))))) I wish I could just magically make it all better for you.

Take some of those things you've said - you want to enjoy cooking again, you want to feel normal - and use those as your motivation for getting well. When that voice in your head tells you you ate too much, think of those things. Will restrictive eating help you achieve those? No. Think of it this way, you have the willpower to restrict, right? Well you also have it in you to tell the ED thoughts to go *kitten* themselves.

And yes, 4lbs in a week is far, far too much. And proof positive that you are under-eating (told ya :p ).
  • minipony
    minipony Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    One thing my nutritionist has been having me do is eat every 2 to 3 hours. We are training my body to be burning food throughout the day. So even when I started at 900 calories. I had a breakfast, a snack, lunch, snack, dinner and snack. They all consisted of a carb, fat, and protein. I was training my body that it is going to get food and in the correct proportions. This really helped get my body away from slow mode lol, and conserving energy to burning energy. The hardest part was eating when I wasn't hungry. However, the days I skipped a snack or didn't eat the correct ratio of fats, protein etc. because I thought I would save calories, I ended up eating far more at night. Believe me I'm still freaked out about 1400 - 1500. I have to remember that I started at 800-900 cals and so far I still weigh 107.