Quest bars stall weight loss ? Strips say mod ketones

Options
Debbiedebbiey
Debbiedebbiey Posts: 824 Member
so not sure why I haven't lost anuything this week, it's the end of my 3rd week. I know I didn't eat enough yesterday but seems like scale moves when I'm closer to 1200vs1400or1500. Carbs been low but having quest bar everyday. Drinking a gallon of water/day.

Replies

• Sugarbeat
    Sugarbeat Posts: 824 Member
    Options
    Have you been eating those bars all along? I've never eaten Quest bars but I know that Atkins, Special K, and Fiber One cause me to bloat and retain water. Could that be it maybe?
  • mac726
    mac726 Posts: 5
    Options
    Much of the carbs in the quest bars are insoluble so they won't affect your ketones. Unless you are knocking 5 or 6 back! I have ate one or two from time to time but broken it in half. The gallon of water may be it but you should be using the bathroom frequently right? Have you weighed yourself before and after exercise to see how much water you've lost? It really could be water weight. Those bars are amazing btw.
  • JPW1990
    JPW1990 Posts: 2,424 Member
    Options
    I've seen plenty of complaints about quest bars, from the sugar alcohols causing stalls in some people to sugar spikes in others. Stop using them for a few weeks, and see if it helps. Keep in mind, too, you're most likely going to retain water at least once a month no matter what you do.