Daily Check-In

Options

Replies

• Peanut_321
    Peanut_321 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Usually I do strength training every other day (and cardio six days a week, at least thirty minutes of it). So today I was able to get at least thirty minutes of cardio in (plus working as a swim instructor has it's perks, I'm always swimming to catch up with my students). I'm glad that everyone is pushing through! Keep on going!
  • stevescott349
    stevescott349 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    After 12 perfect days, I went over my calorie goals by 179. Hubby is out of town and I do better when he his home because he is the cook in the family. Anyway, I know where I went wrong, being honest about it, and ready to tighten up tomorrow.
  • electriq
    electriq Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    Thanks Robbie_1982! I am enjoying hearing from everyone, also congrats on the 7lbs, that's fab!

Good luck on your deadline ryanp_942! I submitted my thesis at the end of last year so the memories are still fresh enough to feel your pain.

I've had a great day today (well technically yesterday now). I got a new job and I went for my first outdoor run since moving to the northern hemisphere. 7km of joy, yay :-)
  • schneizilla
    schneizilla Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Good morning everyone! Checking in for the day ;-)

Hey Ryanp_942, may I ask what you are disserting (is that a real english word?) about?

And electriq: Congrats on your new job :-D
  • guinevere96
    guinevere96 Posts: 1,445 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Good morning everyone! Yesterday wasn't the most active day but I still hit 5000 steps, which made me happy. Working up to 10000! I went a little over my calories (I love ranch too much :( ) but ill work harder today.

Also im cooking dinner for babe tonight so uhm. lets see how that goes.

• guinevere96
    Options
    Anyway, I know where I went wrong, being honest about it, and ready to tighten up tomorrow.

This is exactly the attitude you need to have. Keep that up!

• MyTurn2BHappy
    MyTurn2BHappy Posts: 475 Member
    Options
    Hello! I adopted a 10 week old puppy and she is exhausting! So, for now, that's my exercise...chasing her around the yard and trying to get her to walk on a leash. I think I'm going to B&N this weekend to get some training books because I am clueless and agrevated :s Feel free to friend me! I don't get on this group very often, but only because I am super busy. But I do sign on to MFP pretty much daily. xoxo's
  • guinevere96
    Options
    Shonniec wrote: »
    I adopted a 10 week old puppy

AWWWWWWWWWH. I remember when I first got my puppy, best exercise tool imaginable lol.
  • ryanp_942
    ryanp_942 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Thank you electriq, it's getting there slowly but surely!

Hey schneizilla, the full title is "The pharmacological targeting potential of circadian and molecular rhythms" (translation: drugs to target the body clock). It was interesting to learn just how important a good sleeping pattern is - a bad one contributes to weight gain, CVD, diabetes etc.

I've had a good day, stayed within all my calorie & nutrient goals (even pesky sugar!) and barely felt hungry at all :)
  • guinevere96
    Options
    Good morning everyone! Feeling great today, its Friday, its payday. I have an 8 hour shift ahead of me but that's A-Okay.
  • electriq
    Options
    Good afternoon or whatever the timezone appropriate greeting would be for you right now,

My day is unfolding well so far. I'm making the most of not having started my new job yet and just went for a midday run. My second out doors since I've been here and I absolutely loved it!

I've been quite off target with my calorie intake the last few days. I am 5 days smoke free so I've given myself a few days spaciousness to adjust however I am planning to be back on track today, so far so good.

Yesterday I went to my second yoga class and loved it even more. I am definitely converted. Any fellow yoga people here? I'd especially be interested in talking to anyone just beginning like me.

Hope everyone is doing well and has something enjoyable planned for the weekend.

I am getting to spend some well overdue time with my wife, yay!
  • guinevere96
    Options
    Oh my goodness congratulations on 5 days smoke free! This site is all about kicking habits and that's one of the hardest. You can do it!
  • electriq
    Options
    Oh my goodness congratulations on 5 days smoke free! This site is all about kicking habits and that's one of the hardest. You can do it!

Thank you!
    Today has been much better in terms of cravings. I'm actually using a great app for quitting smoking called quitsmokingapp :-) ...I highly recommend it
  • shamrocker182
    Options
    Happy Friday everyone! I went out to dinner for Friday night date night, and I still stayed within my calorie goal!
  • ryanp_942
    Options
    Friday night was cocktail night so I was obligated to go over my calories a little. I remember craving a pizza when I got home but thankfully I passed out before I could order one!

Good luck on quitting smoking electriq :)
  • guinevere96
    Options
    Hello everyone! Good morning <3 Today started out well, weekly weigh in and I lost 1.4lbs :D
  • nuttyengineer
    nuttyengineer Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    I've had a couple of pretty unhealthy days. My co-workers like to bring in desserts and other snacks for everyone and leave them sitting on the table in the break room. The last couple of weeks I've been pretty good about avoiding them but I gave in on Thursday and Friday and am too afraid to actually log the calories.

Hopefully I will do better next week. I will at least probably be right at my calorie goal today.
  • kraigiark
    kraigiark Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Yesterday I went WAY over my calorie goal. Like, 2.6x over the goal. Oopsies.

It was a good day though. :)
  • ryanp_942
    Options
    Took mum out for Mother's Day, we ate steak and drank champagne but miraculously I'm under my calorie goal! Also finally watched the Theory of Everything & ugly cried all the way through
  • electriq
    Options
    Hello everyone!

I'm recovering from a mammoth effort this morning. I ran 11km (6.8mi) then walked to the gym (30 mins), took a hard core hour long spin class and then walked (45 minutes) to the awesome sushi place near me. Mama mia!

I think I will have my legs up for the rest of the day
    ryanp_942 wrote: »
    Took mum out for Mother's Day, we ate steak and drank champagne but miraculously I'm under my calorie goal! Also finally watched the Theory of Everything & ugly cried all the way through

Haha, I have been wanting to see that, I will be sure to have tissues on me!

How has everyone else's weekend been?