Motivation, Support and Accountability Thread, March 16th - 22nd

Options
Italian_Buju
Italian_Buju Posts: 8,030 Member
It is late, once again I had a super long day, see last comment in previous thread lol

My goals for this week are:

1. Proper morning hydration
2. Post to this thread everyday
3. Log my food six days this week (But still be mindful of what I eat on my day off)
4. Get to the YMCA three times
5. Make my 10 thousand steps every day
6. To blog once this week (on another site)
7. Go to bed by 10pm four nights this week

How about you? What are your goals?

Weekly Mini Goal

Try a new exercise this week! Either a new machine or form of exercise, for at least ten minutes! If you need ideas, ask here, and other members will let you know what they love to do!

Replies

• matfatcowboy
    matfatcowboy Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    My goals for the week
    1. Only eat out 3 times or less
    2. Workout 3 x at home
    3. Post to thread daily.
    4. Drink water only 3 days

My new exersize will be jumping squats. Kind of like a burped but less pushup-y.

I'll have a weight update in the morning. Little nervous but what will be will be.
    Let's have a great week!
  • craftscout
    craftscout Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    My goals for this week
    1. eat out way less
    2. strength training 3x
    3. 8-10,000 steps every day (but more 11-13,000 step days would be awesome, too)

I'm not going to go overboard on the making promises to myself thing this week, since Spring Break is over and heigh ho, heigh ho it's back to work I go. :) However, you kinda read my mind with the new exercise goal this week. This morning I am going to try out a kickboxing class. :D Let's see if I collapse since I am still sore from the trampolines yesterday!
  • Skittles2183
    Skittles2183 Posts: 1,617 Member
    Options
    well guys Pizza hut did me in yesterday, If I would just cook more I know it wouldn't be so bad so my goals are

1. cook every meal this week ( plus it will save me money)
    2. work out at least 6 days this week ( hour each day )
    3. track all my food for the whole week
    4. walk more
  • FloraJL
    FloraJL Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    It's our big conference this week which means 12 hours days. My only goal is to make it through to the weekend!
  • craftscout
    Options
    Kickboxing was AWESOME. Modified (sometimes I was at half speed, didn't jump, didn't kick as high or squat as low), but awesome. It's actually a lot of the same moves I've been doing in water aerobics, but without the comfortable buoyancy of water. :) Also, highly recommended if you frequently feel the urge to punch people in the face.
  • seasicksquid
    seasicksquid Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    This past weekend definitely got away from me. I logged as best I could, but I definitely didn't log everything (bye bye bottle of rum....). Going out to eat and enjoying my visiting family who came down here for the St Patrick's Day festivities was worth it, though, and I am back on track today and for the rest of the week! This coming weekend will be quieter and without the same temptations.

So this week, my goals are:

Log everything, including alcohol (if consumed).
    Workout 5 days this week.
    Don't let the stress of work make me lose my focus.
    Bike 20 miles.
    Take the stairs at work whenever I am not carrying something heavy.

Weekly Mini Goal:

Do the rowing machine on days at gym I don't do Zumba. That thing is fun!
  • Skittles2183
    Options
    craftscout wrote: »
    Kickboxing was AWESOME. Modified (sometimes I was at half speed, didn't jump, didn't kick as high or squat as low), but awesome. It's actually a lot of the same moves I've been doing in water aerobics, but without the comfortable buoyancy of water. :) Also, highly recommended if you frequently feel the urge to punch people in the face.

I haven't done kickboxing but I love my boxing class, so I agree if you have a lot of stress of anger punch it out, it really helps a lot

• shballa
    shballa Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    My goal for this week is to exercise at least 1/2 hour every day. I might try to get back on the elliptical that has been collecting dust in my basement.
  • HLaR79
    HLaR79 Posts: 1,519 Member
    Options
    Good evening, sounds like everyone had a busy week last week!

My goals this week are too
    1. Implement my plan from my diabetes nurse! (Meal changes and 10 minutes of exercise a day)
    2. Maintain my 8 cups of non pop a day now that I got there
    3. No trips to 7-11, not even for milk I can get milk other places
    4. No fast food at all

Mini goal: I will need to consider this for a day but I have a goal to do 10 minutes a day and I'm sure I can find something new
  • Italian_Buju
    Italian_Buju Posts: 8,030 Member
    Options
    Today started out strong, got up, got my morning lemon water in. Ate well....then had a tense last hour with my boss, which may turn into a stressful week of bickering and arguing....came home and stress ate junk and then passed out on the sofa for nearly two hours...now it is 1am, I am wide awake and need to be up for 6am.....I hope this problem at work does not blow up like it did last year....we have this same fight almost yearly, but last time it got really big and went on for weeks and now it is lingering again.....ugh
  • craftscout
    Options
    Yesterday:
    1. failed on the not eating out part. It was pizza night, which means my husband cooks, but he got stuck at work. Because of crazy scheduling and St. Patty's Day, I couldn't really switch dinners around like I sometimes can when one becomes not an option. So we went out for sushi. And I ate a LOT - because I was so hungry I was starting to get a headache, and had a 1000+ calorie deficit. Edamame, vegetable tempura, house salad with ginger dressing, California roll, spicy salmon roll, and then one serving of Savannah Smiles Girl Scout Cookies for dessert. I still ended the day with almost 700 calories deficit.
    2. even though my trainer/instructor said I didn't have to do my strength training after doing the kickboxing class (there were LOTS of flys and tricep kickbacks and squats during class - LOTS of squats), I did it anyway. Everything but the flys, kickbacks and squats. *grins* She emailed me yesterday afternoon and asked how I was feeling. I said fine, class was awesome. This morning, I told her something different, Oh, I am SO SORE! :) But it's a rest day!!
    3. 10,500 steps!

Today is back to work, and in one way I'm glad we're not doing something active with the girls, because I am so sore. But that means I may not get my steps in just from doing stuff today, and I'm not sure I want to get on my treadmill today . . . Ugh, I also have to prep to run a meeting tonight, make an agenda, run copies, pack a huge amount of crap into my car for people to pick up. I will be glad when I am done with this volunteer position!
  • HLaR79
    HLaR79 Posts: 1,519 Member
    Options
    Italian: I hope you work things out with your boss, one thing I like to do is a little bit of fake it till you make it, smile be extra friendly even if I'm angry, I find it helps ease the tension, it's not easy to do though!!

Craft: your day sounds so hectic it is so awesome though that even on your rest day your counting steps and thinking about how to stay moving, sounds like it shouldn't be a problem!

Hope everyone is having a pleasant Tuesday!
  • Skittles2183
    Options
    I can't post a lot, I will later but I did fitness boxing and zumba today. also food is way under, I just haven't been super hungry so I think Ill eat a little more for dinner tonight,

I'll post later and comment on everyone. Have a great day
  • seasicksquid
    Options
    Rode 6 miles on my bike yesterday, but not a very fun 6 miles. Got "stalked" by a truck full of local frat boys who just thought it was hilarious to yell rude things at me. They followed me for a good mile and a half as I was riding home from the nearby park on a bike lane, all the way off the main road and to my house. I don't know what to do...don't want a repeat of that for sure, but I don't want to stop riding in my neighborhood. It's one of the reasons we pay extra rent to live in a walkable/bikeable neighborhood.

Just kind of torn up about that, but keeping on track.
  • ScrAgnX
    ScrAgnX Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    @seasicksquid‌ if you are being harassed while on public property you can always call the police with the license plate, especially if the jerks follow you home.
  • seasicksquid
    Options
    @ScrAgnX I strongly considered it, but I really didn't want to stop to call....just wanted to get home. As soon as I got to my house and in the back yard they drove off. When I checked the front after I locked my bike up they were gone so I just let it go. I will definitely consider it if it happens again.
  • matfatcowboy
    matfatcowboy Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Had a lm ok day today, lots of walking at work. I received my body media fit today, excited about trying it. Ate like crap yesterday but getting better. Workout day tonight.
    -Seasick, I would definitely call the cops next time. Zero tolerance.
  • Skittles2183
    Options
    I had a lg shamrock shake and I regret nothing lol
  • craftscout
    Options
    I had a lg shamrock shake and I regret nothing lol
    You also did Zumba and boxing, though, so I'm not going to say nuthin! ;)

Seasick, I worry that you led them to your home. :( please be careful, hon.

HLaR, thanks. It definitely wasn't a problem getting my steps in today!!

1. Didn't eat out, got back to my morning weight loss shake routine, ate a huge salad for lunch, chicken wrap for a quick dinner between picking up the girl from tutoring (rushing there after work) and getting an agenda made got the meeting I had to run a hour and a half later.
    2. "Rest" day - searching a park to find something (didn't), prepping for work, walking laps at the school cafeteria because I got to work 20 minutes early, leading girls in a marshmallow/spaghetti building competition at work without eating a single marshmallow, the aforementioned rushing to get the girl and get home, prepping for meeting, loading about 50 lbs of files in my car, then hauling them to my meeting, running the meeting (I pace a lot), hauling files back downstairs to my car, going over to the boy's Blue and Gold banquet to help clean up, then finally home to bed.
    3. 10,800 without the treadmill today.

So. So. Tired.

Tomorrow, I don't have to prep as much for work, and don't have to rush to get the girl from school (tutoring is in the morning tomorrow), and don't have any meetings. All I have to deal with is my parents coming over for a belated St. Patty's Day dinner. So I guess I need to tidy up the dining table. . .

Hope everyone had a great day, without too many pinches. Unless, of course, they were the nice kind of pinches. *grins*
  • craftscout
    Options
    Well, carp.

After all that, I gained. Oh well. Today is another day and another chance to break myself. :)