Help, first week and only lost 1 pound

Options
RisiM
RisiM Posts: 180 Member
mfp says 1200 calories and I eat back my exercise calories from Fitbit. Set at 10, 60, 30. Disappointed With such a small loss. Been calorie counting since January 2, lost 21pounds. Suggestions please....

Replies

• totaloblivia
    totaloblivia Posts: 1,164 Member
    Options
    I don't know what to say Risi. Do you mean your carbs are 10%, fat at 60%? If so, I would say that 120 cals from carbs equates to roughly 30g carbs which does seem low enough something should happen. I'm no expert but didn't want to leave your post without a response. I'm sure someone will be along soon with some helpful advice. If it were me I would probably raise my cals a bit as I couldn't get on with just 1200 cals a day, but raise them from fat so that the fat was a higher percentage. maybe just stick with it and see what happens, one week is not a long time for your body to adjust to a new WOE. A pound in a week is still a decent loss - but I do appreciate that it is hard when you are working hard and want to see results fast!
  • GrannyMayOz
    GrannyMayOz Posts: 1,051 Member
    Options
    I have found that *for me* I can't eat back my exercise calories any more. I could before menopause, but no longer. However, I'm aiming for 1450 calories per day! With you aiming for 1200, eating back your exercise calories sounds wise to me.
  • plumwd
    plumwd Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    For some people, even on LC it just takes a little time for the body to start revving up and dropping those pounds. I know that it can be frustrating, but wait it out, it will work I promise!

If you're finding that you're not losing, check to see if you're eating a lot of things with artificial sweeteners and really make sure that you're truly low carb. For some people artificial sweeteners can stall weight loss, your body thinks it's still getting sugar and reacts as such so it's best to avoid them in that case.
  • RisiM
    RisiM Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    Sounds good. Thank you
  • Mistizoom
    Mistizoom Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    If you have been eating at a calorie deficit since January, low carb is not necessarily going to do anything magical to speed up your weight loss. Losing a pound a week is good.