3/16 Day 29 Monday

Options
Auna37
Auna37 Posts: 708 Member
  Good Morning everyone! You know...when I was cleaning that room a while back...I found a bunch of junk that I’m not sure why I keep around anymore. So...why? Why am I keeping it?

Today’s Challenge: Choose 1 thing that you don’t use and recycle/donate/ or throw it away.

Not important stuff! Just the stuff that you consider junk. Like for me, I plan on getting rid of books that I didn’t like but people have given me. That way I can fill the shelves with books I like and someone else might like the books instead.

Replies

• dezawada
    dezawada Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    Hi I would like to try this. A challenge a day. I need some challenges. Today seems simple but it might be hard to do in actually throwing away something :#
  • drtgirl
    drtgirl Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    This has been on my to do list.. I like to declutter at least once a year
  • craftscout
    craftscout Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    I'm in. I have a box of now too-big clothes that need to be donated and some other stuff I'm tired of walking around.
  • hiya_maya_papaya
    Options
    I've been doing this with my son too... He has a hard time giving away or throwing out things
  • meganepreston
    meganepreston Posts: 487 Member
    Options
    I have a big pile of newspapers on my kitchen table. I always keep the Sunday comics because I think I'll actually have time to read them during the week. Tonight I am going to use that pile of papers to make a nice, roaring fire while I cook/clean the kitchen.
  • Hestion
    Hestion Posts: 740 Member
    Options
    I actually keep thinking I need to sort my books out, you just reminded me :-)
  • mirandaa1985
    mirandaa1985 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I'm in! I have a box of items to donate in my garage that I keep forgetting to take to goodwill. I'm going to peruse my house and see what I can add to it then put it right in my car so I do it off today before picking up my son from school. Great challenge...thank you
  • gwynnk33tso
    Options
    I actually gave a similar task to my kids this morning. They are on Spring Break so I asked them to clean out their closets of small clothes, shoes & winter wear. I'm sure I have a ton of things I can do the same with. Thanks!
  • msrachelplussize
    msrachelplussize Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Great challenge. I actually did this a couple of weeks ago and my house (especially the garage and bedroom) looks much better. However, I notice I have things that I wanted to keep "Just in case" which would probably never happen. So thanks for the challenge..I'm definitely in on this one.
  • cboehm
    cboehm Posts: 462 Member
    Options
    Oh thank you for reminding me I have 4 bags of stuff to take to be donated they have been sitting in the basement for weeks!! Today is the day they leave this house!!!!
  • turquoise_tiger
    Options
    easy peasy, since im in the process of moving x)
  • turquoise_tiger
    Options
    craftscout wrote: »
    I'm in. I have a box of now too-big clothes that need to be donated and some other stuff I'm tired of walking around.

awesome! thats a good motivator as well, i hope i can throw away some of my bigger clothes...once they get bigger ;) for now i have heaps of clothes i guess
  • shelbymikszath1
    shelbymikszath1 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Im cleaning out my closet on friday so im postponing this until then
  • ash6151
    ash6151 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    cleaned out my porch today :)
  • lieselLalor
    lieselLalor Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    Just joined. This group seems like exactly what I need. I'm a stay at home mom and getting lazy lately out of boredom. It is true for me that the more I have on my plate the more I actually get done. If I have nothing that I really HAVE to do for the day I don't. Yeah I should clean, or exercise, or take a nap....then I do one thing for the day and say well I did something today. I'm looking forward to tomorrow and I'm going to go clean something out right now!
  • Auna37
    Auna37 Posts: 708 Member
    Options
    Wow! I'm so proud of all of you!