Is There a Cream Cheese Brand that has Zero Carbs?

DittoDan
DittoDan Posts: 1,850 Member
I have been going store to store looking for zero carb Cream Cheese (my new friend). I can’t find any, is there such a product? All brands, that I have seen, have 2 carbs per serving (1 oz).

I did find a "zero carb" Mild Cheddar cheese (at Aldi's) I don't particularly like the harsh sour taste of regular cheddar and I was hoping that the bacon grease would work its magic on the cheddar, but it didn't. I made two bacon wrapper pepper poppers with it, it was good. But not "excellent" like Cream Cheese tastes....

This group is so helpful, thank you for any consideration you may give me...

Dan the Man from Michigan

Replies

• aggie2145
    aggie2145 Posts: 18 Member
    Marscapone cheese which is even more delicious than cream cheese has 0.6 carbs per ounce.
  • Mistizoom
    Mistizoom Posts: 578 Member
    No. Pretty much all dairy except for butter has some carbs. The lowest I have found recently is Kraft Philadelphia Deli Style Cream Cheese which has <1 g carb/2 Tbsp (24 g) serving. I find it at Costco, not at the regular grocery store. I also have been buying Philadelphia nefuchatel cheese (labeled as "1/3 less fat than cream cheese") instead of Philadelphia cream cheese when buying bricks. It is a bit softer, but otherwise very comparable. Yes, it has less fat, but I have no problems making up my fat elsewhere.

Kraft Philadelphia Neufchatel (brick):
    Ingredients: PASTEURIZED MILK AND CREAM, SALT, XANTHAN GUM, CAROB BEAN GUM, GUAR GUM, CHEESE CULTURE.
    1 g carb/28 g (1 ounce) serving

Kraft Philadelphia Original cream cheese (brick):
    Ingredients: PASTEURIZED MILK AND CREAM, WHEY PROTEIN CONCENTRATE, SALT, CAROB BEAN GUM, XANTHAN GUM, CHEESE CULTURE
    2 g carb/28 g (1 ounce) serving

Kraft Philadelphia Deli Style cream cheese (tub - somewhere between the regular tub and whipped tub in consistency)
    Ingredients: PASTEURIZED MILK AND CREAM, SALT, CAROB BEAN GUM, CHEESE CULTURE
    <1 g carb/24 g serving (2 Tbsp, slightly under 1 ounce)
  • JPW1990
    JPW1990 Posts: 2,424 Member
    Check Aldi's Happy Farms. I don't have the label in front of me because I just used it up last night, but I'm pretty sure it was less than 1 and rounded up to 1 by MFP.
  • Mistizoom
    edited March 2015
    Also, I like to mix cream cheese and regular cheese (shredded) in my jalapeno poppers. It doesn't need to be all of one. If you don't like cheddar, try Monterey jack, it's quite a bit milder.
  • DittoDan
    edited March 2015
    JPW1990 wrote: »
    Check Aldi's Happy Farms. I don't have the label in front of me because I just used it up last night, but I'm pretty sure it was less than 1 and rounded up to 1 by MFP.

I went today to Aldi's and looked at all the Happy Farms stuff. It has 2g like all the other brands.

All was not lost though, I found a new (new to me) cheese. Its fun going to different stores and seeing all the diversity of cheeses. I found a cheese called: "Creamy Havarti".

0g carbs. Might try it tonight.

• DittoDan
    Mistizoom wrote: »
    No. Pretty much all dairy except for butter has some carbs. The lowest I have found recently is Kraft Philadelphia Deli Style Cream Cheese which has <1 g carb/2 Tbsp (24 g) serving. I find it at Costco, not at the regular grocery store. I also have been buying Philadelphia nefuchatel cheese (labeled as "1/3 less fat than cream cheese") instead of Philadelphia cream cheese when buying bricks. It is a bit softer, but otherwise very comparable. Yes, it has less fat, but I have no problems making up my fat elsewhere.

Kraft Philadelphia Neufchatel (brick):
    Ingredients: PASTEURIZED MILK AND CREAM, SALT, XANTHAN GUM, CAROB BEAN GUM, GUAR GUM, CHEESE CULTURE.
    1 g carb/28 g (1 ounce) serving

Kraft Philadelphia Original cream cheese (brick):
    Ingredients: PASTEURIZED MILK AND CREAM, WHEY PROTEIN CONCENTRATE, SALT, CAROB BEAN GUM, XANTHAN GUM, CHEESE CULTURE
    2 g carb/28 g (1 ounce) serving

Kraft Philadelphia Deli Style cream cheese (tub - somewhere between the regular tub and whipped tub in consistency)
    Ingredients: PASTEURIZED MILK AND CREAM, SALT, CAROB BEAN GUM, CHEESE CULTURE
    <1 g carb/24 g serving (2 Tbsp, slightly under 1 ounce)

I went Aldi's today and found the "Neufchatel" cheese, but it wasn't Kraft and it had 2g's carb.

Tonight, I am going to Sam's Club with a friend of mine (who is starting LCHF today). I'll be reading a lot of labels. If they have the Kraft brand, I'll get some and try it,

Thank you Misti for the info! :D

• annieboomboom
    annieboomboom Posts: 176 Member
    try cream cheese with salsa. Wowzer
  • Mistizoom
    JPW1990 wrote: »

Almost all the brands of cream cheese changed their carb counts a few months ago, including Aldi's. Too bad, because they are a lot less expensive.
  • nicsflyingcircus
    nicsflyingcircus Posts: 2,789 Member
    Horizon Organic has 1g carb per serving. I don't care about organic, but prefer the carb count and it's tasty.
  • DittoDan
    Horizon Organic has 1g carb per serving. I don't care about organic, but prefer the carb count and it's tasty.

Thank you Nic. Do you remember which store sells that? If not, I'll google it.

Didn't you start a discussion about this a few months ago?

• nicsflyingcircus
    nicsflyingcircus Posts: 2,789 Member
    DittoDan wrote: »

Thank you Nic. Do you remember which store sells that? If not, I'll google it.

Didn't you start a discussion about this a few months ago?

I buy it at Kroger, but Horizon is a "mainstream" organic brand, I think? I can get it at Publix too (the two main grocery chains here).

Yeah, I got shocked when Kraft jumped from 1 to 2 carbs.

• Twibbly
    Twibbly Posts: 1,065 Member
    DittoDan wrote: »
    All was not lost though, I found a new (new to me) cheese. Its fun going to different stores and seeing all the diversity of cheeses. I found a cheese called: "Creamy Havarti".

0g carbs. Might try it tonight.

Havarti is my friend...also has twice the fat grams compared to the protein grams.

Plus, it's tasty. We used to eat it cubed on car trips. I'll buy a package of sliced Havarti and eat it with sliced lunch meat for meals. Also good melted on a slice of turkey lunchmeat with avocados underneath it (ie, put turkey in pan, then sliced avocados, then Havarti).