(Unfortunately) Cutting the Challenge Short

Options
aggie2145
aggie2145 Posts: 18 Member
On the advice of my gyn, I am stepping out of my ketogenic diet temporarily. Sorry I could not complete the challenge :(

For now, I'm transitioning to a slow carb diet 40 fat, 30 carb, 30 protein. It is still "low carb" compared to the Standard American Diet but may help bring my Leptin levels back to normal.

Replies

• ThinnerHill
    ThinnerHill Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    Good luck you got this. God bless
  • SyntonicGarden
    SyntonicGarden Posts: 944 Member
    Options
    We'll be here if you are able to come and we'll be here if you aren't but still need support. :)
  • kirkor
    kirkor Posts: 2,530 Member
    Options
    How come?
  • aggie2145
    aggie2145 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Maybe this is TMI, but my menstrual cycles stopped and blood work showed very low leptin levels. However, after a week of unrestricted food (and carbs) followed by five days of 40/30/30, I am down five pounds and ketostix still show a faint amount of ketones. My leptin levels were tested this morning and I am back in a normal range.

I had great success with a ketogenic diet with almost no side effects. However, once I began running 20-25 miles a week, my problems began.
  • kirkor
    kirkor Posts: 2,530 Member
    Options
    You probably already know this, but for other people reading, leptin can be reset by increasing calories -- it doesn't require carb cycling.