NON-SHEER Athletic Pants?

Options
c0untingsheep
c0untingsheep Posts: 159 Member
It seems impossible to find athletic pants that aren't see-through. I've bought various brands and tried various sizes to no avail. :s Anyone know any good brands for athletic pants?

Replies

• Fittreelol
    Fittreelol Posts: 2,535 Member
    Options
    Almost all of mine are mika yoga wear. They're a little pricey (similar to UA, bit less than lulu), but they are worth it. They last forever, and are completely opaque even at the bottom of a squat. They have really cheap fast shipping too. The only thing I don't like about them is they don't have a mini key pocket in the waist band like a lot of pants do, but that's a small price to pay.
  • Robbnva
    Robbnva Posts: 590 Member
    Options
    I've never seen anyone at the gym with see through pants, so they must exist
  • c0untingsheep
    Options
    Robbnva wrote: »
    I've never seen anyone at the gym with see through pants, so they must exist

Mine aren't completely see-through, but if I'm squatting or deadlifting they get sheer around my butt.
  • c0untingsheep
    Options
    Fittreelol wrote: »
    Almost all of mine are mika yoga wear. They're a little pricey (similar to UA, bit less than lulu), but they are worth it. They last forever, and are completely opaque even at the bottom of a squat. They have really cheap fast shipping too. The only thing I don't like about them is they don't have a mini key pocket in the waist band like a lot of pants do, but that's a small price to pay.

Thank you, I will check them out!
  • tigerblue
    tigerblue Posts: 1,525 Member
    Options
    Yikes! I've never taken a look from behind when squatting! Not a problem since I work out at home, but. . . . A thought for those few times I do go to the gym!
  • jo_marnes
    jo_marnes Posts: 1,601 Member
    Options
    I have never seen this either! I wear Lorna Jane - never had a problem. I also have brooks shorts with the inner lining so they are safe too.
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    I usually wear Marika or Zella - they do not go sheer at all and if anyone's butt was going to stretch them enough so they went see though - it's mine.

Champion ones do not go see through either (well, the ones I used to have anyway did not).

• c0untingsheep
    Options
    tigerblue wrote: »
    Yikes! I've never taken a look from behind when squatting! Not a problem since I work out at home, but. . . . A thought for those few times I do go to the gym!

Haha! I always do a squat test in the change rooms when buying any workout pants.
  • c0untingsheep
    Options
    Thanks for the helpful suggestions everyone :)
  • The_Sandra
    The_Sandra Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I second and third Zella. Love them!
  • Mary407
    Mary407 Posts: 635 Member
    Options
    Athleta's products are pretty expensive, but in my experience totally worth the cash. I have two pair of their capris that I swear I've worn 1-2x each a week for a year, and neither of them look very worn at all. Washed them probably 100 times each, and they are NOT see through.
  • RockyMountainKAG
    RockyMountainKAG Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Athleta pants/crops are awesome and not sheer. The best part is that you can buy them, work out in them, and return them if you are not satisfied. I did that once and the salesperson did not give me any hassle at all. Free shipping and free returns if you don't have a store nearby.
  • Chaskavitch
    Chaskavitch Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    I have capris from Old Navy that are nice and don't get see-through when I do squats or hyperextensions. I've had mine for a few months and I don't see any wear at all, even though I wear them 3-5 times/week. They might not last as long as the more expensive brands, though, I don't know yet.

I didn't realize that my other workout pants went all see-through until my sister was with my at the gym and was like "um, I'm going to stand behind you while you do those and block people's view..."
  • lishie_rebooted
    lishie_rebooted Posts: 2,973 Member
    Options
    Old Navy, Gap, Champion, UA, Reebok, no problems.
  • c0untingsheep
    Options
    I have capris from Old Navy that are nice and don't get see-through when I do squats or hyperextensions. I've had mine for a few months and I don't see any wear at all, even though I wear them 3-5 times/week. They might not last as long as the more expensive brands, though, I don't know yet.

I didn't realize that my other workout pants went all see-through until my sister was with my at the gym and was like "um, I'm going to stand behind you while you do those and block people's view..."

Old Navy can be pretty good for a cheap price. I have a decent pair of capris from Old Navy that only are a tiny bit see-through if I squat real low. Another pair from Old Navy is extremely see-through though.
  • michellemybelll
    michellemybelll Posts: 2,228 Member
    Options
    UnderArmour!
  • gweneddk
    gweneddk Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    I always do a squat/forward fold test when I buy capris. My UnderArmour ones are probably the best (bought at an outlet). The black and patterned ones I have bought from Fabletics are great too. My Nike ones are terrible; I think they are "running" crops and aren't meant for bending at all
  • 52cardpickup
    52cardpickup Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    My latest tights from Old Navy are so see through, but I have an older thicker pair that is fantastic. Old Navy is so ridiculously hit or miss.
  • tcunbeliever
    tcunbeliever Posts: 8,219 Member
    Options
    The Old Navy fold over yoga pants are super thin...the other ones they have are thicker...if the pants are $15 or less, they are probably the thin ones.
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options
    RBX