Confession Corner

Options
leecha2014
leecha2014 Posts: 385 Member
ok we are only human, things happen, chocolate happens, here is the place to confess and get support

Replies

• leecha2014
    leecha2014 Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    This isn't really a biggy, but I surprised myself today. I made a comment about how I don't bother tracking the soy milk in my coffee. People commented and said they might nibble on chocolate and don't count it and some said they track everything. Then I thought, wait a second, I said I was committed to tracking everythig and here I go cheating? Isn't that what got us into trouble in the first place? From now on,
  • zacksnana
    zacksnana Posts: 3,230 Member
    Options
    leecha2014 wrote: »
    This isn't really a biggy, but I surprised myself today. I made a comment about how I don't bother tracking the soy milk in my coffee. People commented and said they might nibble on chocolate and don't count it and some said they track everything. Then I thought, wait a second, I said I was committed to tracking everythig and here I go cheating? Isn't that what got us into trouble in the first place? From now on,

Yep. I didn't like tracking coffee creamer for some crazy reason. So I switched to buying flavored iced coffee. 100 cal per cup. Now I don't have to worry about it.
  • goingforahundred
    goingforahundred Posts: 590 Member
    Options
    My confession is that I have spent the past week eating all of the cr*p that I stayed away from for the past 5 months. I feel sick, literally from all of the grease and sugar. I hope that I will remember this next time I want to go crazy for a week. I don't know what the damage is as far as the scales go, I will weigh in the morning and find out.
  • Parsniphead
    Parsniphead Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I have been good for about two months but two weeks ago felt really demotivated and couldn't be bothered? I have been eating for the sake of it and just rubbish really and feel so flat that I realised I needed to stick to the healthier eating plan. I did get a box of chocolates for Mothering Sunday yesterday so I may be naughty a little until that are gone.
  • Maquillage_
    Maquillage_ Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    I had takeout over the weekend. Multiple times! Pizza on Friday, leftover pizza on Saturday and then ate out on Sunday! This seems to be a regular thing on weekends, a habit I'm finding hard to break!
  • loram11
    loram11 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    It happens to all of us, just have to move on and let it go. I keep a secret stash of Hershey kisses in my freezer and I will usually have 1 or 2 every day just for the perk. We will get to the eating healthy and exercising habit....then when a slip happens it will be no big deal because we will go back to our good habits. I hope???!!!
  • terrimaricle
    terrimaricle Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Cheesecake on Saturday. Not a small piece either. I paid for it though... it didn't agree with me at all. My excuse was that I needed to eat some form of pie in honor of Pi day. LOL
  • RunRachelleRun
    RunRachelleRun Posts: 1,854 Member
    Options
    I track everything, the good and the bad. My diary is definitely the worst almost every day of all my pals. I definitely have a hard time going a day without chocolate; wine and ice cream are other indulgences. My husband is my saboteur - we talked about it yesterday . . . again. Hopefully he'll learn to be a little more helpful. It's tough because he and our son are fit and thin and can eat 4000+ calories a day with no weight gain. And he offers junk to me almost every evening. I manage to stay away from chips most of the time, but chocolate and ice cream are a struggle. I'm managing portion sizes at least, but it would be better if I could learn to say no.
  • terrimaricle
    Options
    HopeToRun wrote: »
    I track everything, the good and the bad. My diary is definitely the worst almost every day of all my pals. I definitely have a hard time going a day without chocolate; wine and ice cream are other indulgences. My husband is my saboteur - we talked about it yesterday . . . again. Hopefully he'll learn to be a little more helpful. It's tough because he and our son are fit and thin and can eat 4000+ calories a day with no weight gain. And he offers junk to me almost every evening. I manage to stay away from chips most of the time, but chocolate and ice cream are a struggle. I'm managing portion sizes at least, but it would be better if I could learn to say no.

HopeToRun - don't get discouraged. It's easier for my honey, because he has a very active job and has lost weight since he started working there. I have a desk job, and have had one since 2003.
  • terrimaricle
    Options

HopeToRun - don't get discouraged. It's easier for my honey, because he has a very active job and has lost weight since he started working there. I have a desk job, and have had one since 2003.

They don't understand sometimes :-)
  • FitnessorFudget
    FitnessorFudget Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    My kids are selling world's finest chocolate covered almonds so I bought a box and ate them...then went to log and it was twice what my entire lunch was! I'm still well within my calorie goals...but I'm not happy about the fact that a third of my calories went to what was essentially a box of chocolates.
  • RunRachelleRun
    Options

Thanks @terrimaricle‌!
  • RunRachelleRun
    Options
    My kids are selling world's finest chocolate covered almonds so I bought a box and ate them...then went to log and it was twice what my entire lunch was! I'm still well within my calorie goals...but I'm not happy about the fact that a third of my calories went to what was essentially a box of chocolates.

Aw, I remember those fundraisers. Donuts were the worst because we'd end up with a few boxes leftover. Had to give them away in the end or I would have eaten them all, and I don't even like them that much.
  • ec00
    ec00 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Feeling better knowing I'm not alone... :| I've gone over my calorie intake the last two days, by a lot and today for breakfast gobbled a piece of carrot cake... I keep saying I'm going to do good, but fail. Haven't even made it through week one. :\
  • angelgreathouse9
    angelgreathouse9 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    zacksnana wrote: »
    leecha2014 wrote: »

Yep. I didn't like tracking coffee creamer for some crazy reason. So I switched to buying flavored iced coffee. 100 cal per cup. Now I don't have to worry about it.

I can't drink my calories I love to eat too much, good for you though :)
  • angelgreathouse9
    Options
    ec00 wrote: »
    Feeling better knowing I'm not alone... :| I've gone over my calorie intake the last two days, by a lot and today for breakfast gobbled a piece of carrot cake... I keep saying I'm going to do good, but fail. Haven't even made it through week one. :\

take it one meal at a time... if you screw up in the morning oh well! continue making healthy choices throughout the day, eventually you'll be right where you need to be and the weight will fall off
  • angelgreathouse9
    Options
    My confession is that I have spent the past week eating all of the cr*p that I stayed away from for the past 5 months. I feel sick, literally from all of the grease and sugar. I hope that I will remember this next time I want to go crazy for a week. I don't know what the damage is as far as the scales go, I will weigh in the morning and find out.
    shoo.... I had a cupcake on my birthday for celebration and felt like that... i flushed my body with a lot of water and got up and got moving, and I began to feel better... so I know what you are going through, get back on track , you'll be fine.

• ec00
    Options
    ec00 wrote: »

take it one meal at a time... if you screw up in the morning oh well! continue making healthy choices throughout the day, eventually you'll be right where you need to be and the weight will fall off

Thanks! That's what I've been doing. I generally screw up during one meal, not all day. I guess I should be happy I didn't gain.
  • angelgreathouse9
    edited March 2015
    Options
    I don't have a confession for this week because I gave it up when I decided to join this group, however I wouldn't log my splenda because I figured it had no calories so no big deal... I don't use it anymore though, Thanks to the accountability that I get from leecha2014 thank you mam ;)
  • ec00
    Options

Ah! Our loving husbands... My husband is very active and does the same. Last night was cake... But Can't blame him completely- it's not like his shoving it down my throat, nor was he here this morning when the remaining piece ended up in my mouth. lol