Nutrition - how do you start your day?

Options
leecha2014
leecha2014 Posts: 385 Member
In order to achieve our goals, certain things will be common between us such as having a good breakfast. What do you have each morning?

Replies

• leecha2014
    Options
    Mon-fri I make a smoothie, it is quick, easy and low cal. I always use soy or almond milk, protein powder, fruit and greens like spinach or kale. I add water and ice cubes and make a large drink. The volume alone is filling and this keeps me happy for approx 4 hours. Sometimes I will add flax, chia seeds, cinnamon, maca powder and other super nutrients.
    On the weekends I might make steel cut oats with almond milk, raisins and nuts or pancakes. Or like today, another smoothie because it's easy.
  • terrimaricle
    terrimaricle Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I like to have steel cut oats every day for breakfast. I put a little brown sugar and dried cranberries on it. It's filling and has fiber :-)
  • angelgreathouse9
    angelgreathouse9 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    I love honey bunches of oats 3/4cup (any variety as long as it 120 calorie ) with silk unsweetened vanilla almond milk 1/2cup... and black coffee 20 oz. (I wake up very early)
  • angelgreathouse9
    angelgreathouse9 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Sundays it's usually 2 eggs/2 Canadian bacon/2 turkey bacon (all fried), I don't work Sundays so I get to sleep in so not being as tired I don't eat as much throughout the day so my meals can be larger.
  • leecha2014
    Options
    Cranberries- great idea
  • Seekerami
    Seekerami Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    High protine shake 2/2 cup blueberries is my breakfast everyday
  • Seekerami
    Seekerami Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    Sorry 1/2 cup lol
  • beautychicks
    beautychicks Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I love poached eggs on toast or 0 % Greek yoghurt and fruit. I haven't tried smoothies yet, any recommendation for my first?
  • RunRachelleRun
    RunRachelleRun Posts: 1,854 Member
    Options
    I put chocolate protein powder in my coffee (1/2 scoop per cup), and it tastes just like a mocha. Then I usually either have an apple and banana with plain yogurt and cinnamon, or a whole-wheat bagel with sunflower seed butter. I was making shakes with water, protein powder, frozen blueberries, cinnamon, and flax every day, but I got tired of cleaning the blender!
  • zacksnana
    zacksnana Posts: 3,230 Member
    Options
    Blender cleaning is the worst. I asked my husband for a nutribullet for christmas for that reason. The cup you drink from is the blender. And I usually do:

1/2 cup Greek yogurt
    1/2 banana (i peel and cut in half then freeze them) OR
    1/2 cup unsweetened strawberries (frozen)
    Big handful of spinach leaves
    2 tablespoons sliced almonds
    Cinnamon
    Water to get the right consistency
    Tablespoon of ground flax seed
  • ImagineBelieveAchieve
    Options
    Egg white omelet with spinach, turkey, tomatoes and goat cheese with a cup of chai tea . Very yummy and filling.
  • Maquillage_
    Maquillage_ Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Porridge or eggs are my go to. Keeps me full :)
  • SusanKing1981
    SusanKing1981 Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    I have a vitamix and it's my favourite thing in the kitchen. I make a smoothie for myself and my boyfriend every day.

Handful of kale
    1 x banana
    1 x green apple
    1 x small bunch of green grapes
    1 x thick slice of pineapple including the core
    1 x slice of lime or lemon including the rind
    1 x kiwi

• 10alliemarie
    10alliemarie Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Bagel thin, one egg, 2% cheese slice
  • RunRachelleRun
    RunRachelleRun Posts: 1,854 Member
    Options
    zacksnana wrote: »
    Blender cleaning is the worst. I asked my husband for a nutribullet for christmas for that reason. The cup you drink from is the blender.

Ahhh, that's smart. I'll ask for bling for Christmas but since I never get it I will settle for a Nutribullet. . . .
  • maryjboom
    maryjboom Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    I do plain oatmeal with flax and chia, cinnimon and a small amount of agave.
  • takeflightwren
    takeflightwren Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Egg white omlette with spinach, sun dried tomato, a Tbl of grated cheddar.
  • leecha2014
    Options
    I had some leftover organic romaine which I didn't want to go to waste so in the smoothie it went! You cannot taste it at all.
  • Testami73
    Testami73 Posts: 35
    Options
    Usually a protein shake made with frozen banana made in my vitamix and a nut-based protein bar w/coffee. This week (spring break) it's fried eggs with 1/2 a GF bagel and coffee.
  • nadiB
    nadiB Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    Pint of lukewarm lemon water, then coffee, then a freshly made green juice (I like orange, grapefruit, strawberries and kale in the morning!)