Fitness tricks with a baby

Options
KatieTee83
KatieTee83 Posts: 196 Member
Hey girls!
So -- how do you fit in exercise when you've got little ones demanding your attention?

I do squats, lunges, and calf raises while I'm holding the baby, and we make going for walks a family activity. I make sure my step tracker is on while I'm pacing up and down the hallway with him during the night, too. Every step counts!

Any other tricks?

Replies

• Nikusz
    Nikusz Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    during first months I would do push-ups when my baby was doing tummy time - makes tummy time easier for the little one. and after some time they join you and do push-ups with you :smile: baby press used to be a favourite at the beginning too
  • hecham
    hecham Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    In the beginning I wore my baby everywhere. I would get in a quick 10 minute strength while he was either sleeping or sometimes he would be content to watch what I was doing. Now that's he's bigger, we go for walks in the stroller almost every day for his afternoon nap. He sleeps and I can get in a good hour walk.
  • treehopper1987
    treehopper1987 Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    Have you looked for a local hike it baby group? Currently there is a HiB30 challenge going on where you hike/walk 30 miles or get out 30 minutes, 3x per week.
  • maryj2k1
    maryj2k1 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I babywear for the first 10mins and finished off my last 20mins with her watching me. She is starting to like tummy time and grabbing for stuff
    If she gets fusy, I just use her as weights until she settles