Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

hi im new:)

Hi all, my name Kelly and I am 40 years old. I have been struggling for years with my weight due to emotional eating. I live a very stressful life due to the fact that I have children with a terminal disease. When I am upset I eat alot and as you can imagine I get upset quite a bit and I wasnt taking care of me. I was so busy taking care of everyone else my health declined and I was told that my body was shutting itself down and I was borderline diabetic. I knew at that point I had to make changes and I got help with my anxiety. I still struggle with eating but I take one day at a time and I have lost 40lbs so far.I still need to lose 20 lbs though. I want to be healthy so I can be there for my children. Looking forward to talking to you all :)

Replies

• I'm looking for a MFP support group. I am proud of your successes. You seem motivated for the right reasons. Good! I'm 47 and have lost about 25 lbs. I have about 10 more (at least). I've noticed that anxiety symptoms are reduced a lot when I reduce carbohydrates and sugars. Good luck!
  • Chris50mfp
    Chris50mfp Posts: 18 Member
    Congratulations both of you! I am 48 need to lose about 40 lbs and go back and forth good on exercise bad on eating - Both of you please feel free to friend me here or FB - this site is great for Support & especially when you want to blow off steam - sometimes just venting helps a lot ! - Heermandy - I had never thought about the correlation but I will give it a go! - Have great days !
  • Angelmom919
    Angelmom919 Posts: 16 Member
    You can add me if you like! I have been up and down with my weight! It's been tough and motivation has been a real problem for me since I lost my son in 2012. But I decided that this year was going to be my year to stay healthy and since beginning of year I have been staying on track.
  • Sunnyrae74
    Sunnyrae74 Posts: 11 Member
    Hi. I'm not new to MFP. I'm returning after a long absence. I'm new to the group though. My name is Darla. I turned 40 in October. I have a long journey ahead of me. Like you, I've spent my life taking care of others. Its time to take care of me.
  • jlewisrn74
    jlewisrn74 Posts: 94 Member
    Just wanted to say HI! I'm not new to MFP but am fairly new to the community. I actually just found it... I never really searched the app. Haha!! Anyway, wanted to say Hi!
  • Hi there. Repeat offender to weight loss programs. I am 40 thus yr and struggles with keeping focus and making time for my exercise and weight loss priorities with a young family's needs. Looking forward to the challenge. Support definitely needed :)
  • tsutton777
    tsutton777 Posts: 14 Member
    Hello, I'm new here. I am not on an exercise program as yet, however I do love to hike! Allow me to encourage anyone wanting to lose weight or get healthier to take it up.
  • I'm not new to MFP, but I just found the group. I'm 49 and I've lost and gained weight since the 90's. I lose a bunch and then go back to old habits and creep up again. I recently had blood work that was not so great and I knew now was the time. Back to myfitnesspal daily and started a zumba program which I love. I also got a fitbit and I do 10,000 steps daily sometimes in front of the tv. Walking is free and you can start small.
  • Pixiemite
    Pixiemite Posts: 20 Member
    Hi Everyone!
    I'm 42, married with 2 kids and 2 stepkids. Living in East Devon, but originally from Berkshire. I've been attending Slimming World for 4 weeks. I've just started this app. I'm disabled due to a chronic hip problem, so I struggle to do much exercise. Looking to make new friends for support and encouragement.
    Best Wishes,
    Nicky
  • loser107332
    loser107332 Posts: 2 Member
    im new 24 lbs to lose weighing in tonight
  • kareneastwood865
    kareneastwood865 Posts: 132 Member
    Hello! I've been here since November. I've found incredible support, encouragement, and tips for this journey through the friends I've made here. They are a daily source of motivation!
  • chandramiller68
    chandramiller68 Posts: 189 Member
    Good Morning All -
    I'm new to MFP; 46 years old and have about 30 lbs to lose. I miss the healthier, happier, more athletic person I used to be a few years ago. I'm tired of feeling eh in my clothes and skin. :-) It's time to change this mess! I wish everyone the best in reaching your goals!