Butterscotch?

Options
Twibbly
Twibbly Posts: 1,065 Member
Has anybody tried this stuff: http://smile.amazon.com/Frontier-Natural-Products-Butterscotch-2-Ounce/dp/B000WR4PKW/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1426700049&sr=8-1&keywords=butterscotch+flavor

If I add a few drops to cream cheese, would it tasty butterscotchy, or would I still need to add sweetener? I want pudding!

Replies

• Mistizoom
    Mistizoom Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    I haven't tried that flavor, but others like it aren't sweetened. You would have to try it and see.
  • KnitOrMiss
    KnitOrMiss Posts: 10,104 Member
    Options
    Someone has a butterscotch pudding out there, but they use a combo of the Salted Caramel Sugar Free Torani Coffee Syrup (I can't get any SF other than Vanilla here locally, but I think amazon.com has them)...and another ingredient I can't recall... Maybe butter? I'd google Keto Butterscotch Pudding and see what comes up. (my jello fat bombs are close enough to pudding for me, though my fiance wants me to make a flan version...once I get SF extracts, I will)...
  • Twibbly
    Options
    I can't use any of the LC sweeteners, unfortunately, so the usual LC pudding recipes aren't available to me. I wonder if I just blend in a ripe strawberry if that would sweeten it enough without too many carbs...
  • KnitOrMiss
    Options
    Dates are generally a natural fruit type sweetener, so maybe this for butterscotch? They are based on plums, right? Which is a stone fruit? YOu'd just have to watch quantity. I dont' think strawberry would work with butterscotch. Maybe a super tiny amount of maple syrup - the real stuff? I think someone said grade B is the best for this use.
  • Twibbly
    Options
    Dates are actually their own fruit. Prunes are from plums. Dates might works, if I use them in moderation. Thanks!
  • KnitOrMiss
    Options
    Twibbly wrote: »
    Dates are actually their own fruit. Prunes are from plums. Dates might works, if I use them in moderation. Thanks!

Thanks for clarifying...for whatever reason, I always get that mixed up. I've not been able to eat raisins (unless they are drunk...formerly in cookies, dunno why I'd eat them now...lol) since I was about 5 (due to eating too many of them with PB as snack in kindergarten)...

I've never actually had a fig (aside from newton's, which I know don't count, prune, or date!
  • Twibbly
    Options
    Dates are tasty. I'll eat them on their own...or pitted, wrapped in bacon, & baked.
  • isa75
    isa75 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    Intrigued by the butterscotch with cream cheese idea. Let us know how it is if you try. I tend to find that cream cheese has a bit of an inherent sweetness that satisfies my cravings, so I would probably opt for no extra sweetener added.