Strategies to fight the "little nibble" moments?

Options
Yesterday I closed the opened bag -after telling myself I 'deserve' a bite...instead made a sparkling water with one Tbl of black currant syrup -(super antioxidant, low sugar), grated ginger, squeeze of lime, Mmmm. How do you make the decision to NOT consume a treat and what do you replace it with to stay on track? A little 'cheating' is necessary but it must be kept to a minimum when the goal is to lose. I have only had 3 pieces of bread since I started tracking on MFP. Breads are my ultimate challenge so I literally had to go cold turkey on those and replace with whole grains - millet, buckwheat, quinoa, whole grain rices, tabbouleh salads, etc. I want to take this unhealthy fat off without farting around - fast! I look forward to the shift and hard work of maintaining - cause I am never going back. I need this group to help me get there - with you - together friends :)

Replies

• 10alliemarie
    10alliemarie Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I think what you did was a good strategy. You replaced what you were opening with something with less calories and healthier.
  • takeflightwren
    takeflightwren Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    It was easy....that time, I need to be consistent.
  • Parsniphead
    Parsniphead Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I need to keep busy. When I get bored I start grazing.
  • Amber_hanson27
    Amber_hanson27 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I try to go do nasty chores when i get the munchies. I clean the trash cans. Or clean my boys bathroom. No more appetite.
  • 10alliemarie
    10alliemarie Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I want to nibble when I get tired or stressed. I think I need to meditate, take a nap, or go for a walk instead. Cleaning might help me too though.
  • zacksnana
    zacksnana Posts: 3,230 Member
    Options
    Yesterday I closed the opened bag -after telling myself I 'deserve' a bite...instead made a sparkling water with one Tbl of black currant syrup -(super antioxidant, low sugar), grated ginger, squeeze of lime, Mmmm. How do you make the decision to NOT consume a treat and what do you replace it with to stay on track? A little 'cheating' is necessary but it must be kept to a minimum when the goal is to lose. I have only had 3 pieces of bread since I started tracking on MFP. Breads are my ultimate challenge so I literally had to go cold turkey on those and replace with whole grains - millet, buckwheat, quinoa, whole grain rices, tabbouleh salads, etc. I want to take this unhealthy fat off without farting around - fast! I look forward to the shift and hard work of maintaining - cause I am never going back. I need this group to help me get there - with you - together friends :)

I replaced my bread with 45 calorie (per slice) bread. Really helps me.
  • leecha2014
    leecha2014 Posts: 385 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Nibble on grapes! I've actually stopped nibbling all together, trust me I used to. Now, I allow myself snacking at night only, grapes, snow peas, popcorn. Otherwise, I don't snack in between my meals and now I'm so used to it. I know some experts say to eat every 3 hours but for me I found it very difficult to plan. Some people say it is better to actually get a bit hungry between meals. Good luck, thank you for joining this group we all share a common goal - that is getting to goal!!!!
  • zacksnana
    Options
    I sit and floss my teeth in the evening. Sometimes for 30 minutes. Lol. I hate to ruin all that work by eating.
  • RunRachelleRun
    RunRachelleRun Posts: 1,854 Member
    Options
    [
    zacksnana wrote: »

That would be wonderful. I have not been able to find anything similar up here. The lowest I've found is 70 calories per slice. I've got to keep looking. Seems so smart.
  • zacksnana
    Options
    HopeToRun wrote: »
    [

That would be wonderful. I have not been able to find anything similar up here. The lowest I've found is 70 calories per slice. I've got to keep looking. Seems so smart.

awpmqqrttts2.jpg
  • goingforahundred
    goingforahundred Posts: 590 Member
    Options
    And it ^^^ is really good too!
  • RunRachelleRun
    Options
    I love the tag line. Every time I ate it I'd feel like I was having something delightful. Oh, Sara Lee, you should really come to Canada.
  • zacksnana
    Options

I love the tag line. Every time I ate it I'd feel like I was having something delightful. Oh, Sara Lee, you should really come to Canada.

Lol your comments are so funny! :D
  • RunRachelleRun
    Options

Lol your comments are so funny! :D

Thanks, @zacksnana. Back at ya!