Daily Check-In

Options

Replies

• robbie_1982
    robbie_1982 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone

I have been bad - I can't say no to a few beers and had a great couple of days with friends celebrating birthdays. Today being Mothering Sunday here in the UK, we went out with the mother-in-law (did you know an anagram of mother-in-law is woman Hitler?) and had a carvery. No pudding though.

Getting ready for a very busy week at work as I try to complete my monthly to-do list a week early as it gives me a breathing space just in case of any problems. Still, I'm logging in every day, but not logging (as I can't remember what I drank :neutral_face:

I hope everyone has a great week ahead and its a step closer to everyone's target :)
  • ryanp_942
    ryanp_942 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    electriq wrote: »
    Hello everyone!

I'm recovering from a mammoth effort this morning. I ran 11km (6.8mi) then walked to the gym (30 mins), took a hard core hour long spin class and then walked (45 minutes) to the awesome sushi place near me. Mama mia!

I think I will have my legs up for the rest of the day

Haha, I have been wanting to see that, I will be sure to have tissues on me!

How has everyone else's weekend been?

Wow that sounds amazing (and exhausting!) Yes definitely take tissues - I'm not a huge movie crier and I was quite literally sobbing at some points.
  • schneizilla
    schneizilla Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Hey guys, how's it going? Awesome sunny day here...so I guess I will take half a day off and go out and enjoy some sun :-D
  • guinevere96
    guinevere96 Posts: 1,445 Member
    Options
    Good morning lovely people! Im not feeling my best today, they evacuated my entire office yesterday and we all had to stand out in the heat for a really long time, and I haven't felt great since. But ill conquer it! Happy St Patricks Day!
  • schneizilla
    Options
    stand out in the heat

That just made me look at your profile to see where you are coming from ;-) Give us some heat! We can use it...it slowly gets a bit warmer here every day (like today).

Hope you are feeling better soon! Why did you all get evacuated?

• guinevere96
    Options
    stand out in the heat

That just made me look at your profile to see where you are coming from ;-) Give us some heat! We can use it...it slowly gets a bit warmer here every day (like today).

Hope you are feeling better soon! Why did you all get evacuated?

Lol im sorry, I forget sometimes its still practically winter most other places. Im from Iowa so, ive been there.

We actually had a bomb threat! I work in a call center, and my company recently dropped one of our campaigns, which left quite a few people without jobs. I think someone was more than a little upset. At least I got a few extra steps in while finding our emergency exits lol.
  • rebolaugh
    rebolaugh Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    electriq wrote: »
    Good afternoon or whatever the timezone appropriate greeting would be for you right now,

My day is unfolding well so far. I'm making the most of not having started my new job yet and just went for a midday run. My second out doors since I've been here and I absolutely loved it!

I've been quite off target with my calorie intake the last few days. I am 5 days smoke free so I've given myself a few days spaciousness to adjust however I am planning to be back on track today, so far so good.

Yesterday I went to my second yoga class and loved it even more. I am definitely converted. Any fellow yoga people here? I'd especially be interested in talking to anyone just beginning like me.

Hope everyone is doing well and has something enjoyable planned for the weekend.

I am getting to spend some well overdue time with my wife, yay!

Congratulations on being smoke free! That is an amazing accomplishment. I started doing yoga last year, and I still do it, although not as regularly. I take classes 1-2 times a month. I never thought I'd like yoga, because I'd rather do more vigorous cardio to burn more calories, but I had an amazing teacher back in New York and I found myself looking forward to it every time! She always said, "It's a yoga practice, not a yoga perfect," which I loved. :)
  • schneizilla
    Options
    At least I got a few extra steps in while finding our emergency exits lol.

oh myy...haha. that's the spirit :-D but kinda scary with a bomb threat.
  • guinevere96
    Options
    [/quote]

oh myy...haha. that's the spirit :-D but kinda scary with a bomb threat.[/quote]

lol definitely, but everything seems to be back to normal now. I don't think anyone would actually take the time to blow up a medicare call center.

• ThePinkPanda
    ThePinkPanda Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    i worked my chest this morning and did some stretching. derby was hard core yesterday and i'm super sore. i have another practice tonight. whoooo active day!
  • b_ray_73
    b_ray_73 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Good morning. Today will be mostly deadlifts after work, should go a little better than chest yesterday since my shoulder started bugging me a bit. Trying to get used to my new HRT regimen has me much more motivated than I have been in a couple months so that feels really good.
  • robbie_1982
    Options
    Hello everyone and I hope you are all doing well :)

I have been away from it over the last week - I had an injury from the gym and rested for the week and put on 1/4 of a pound which is really good considering I was out Friday and Saturday nights.

Today saw me back at the gym - I find cardio a great stress relief, especially as its a busy time of the month at work. I get on and run until I can't stop - I get loads of things cleared in my mind. I manage 1200 calories and I look a right state. I walk out of the gym and in the reception area I get stopped by one of the trainers who is on shift.

I don't usually fall for sales tactics or recommendations, but I was sold this spiral thing that means I can make vegetables into some fancy display. I have no interest in using it, but "this helps you get a body like this" and he lifts his top to show these tanned, perfect abs. If I wasn't sweating and out of breath (I probably would be), I think I would have punched him as I know I will never look like that.

Though no, I giggled like a school girl and bought one.

If I was a sales manager, I would employ him straight away.
  • schneizilla
    Options
    I don't usually fall for sales tactics or recommendations, but I was sold this spiral thing that means I can make vegetables into some fancy display. I have no interest in using it, but "this helps you get a body like this" and he lifts his top to show these tanned, perfect abs. If I wasn't sweating and out of breath (I probably would be), I think I would have punched him as I know I will never look like that.

omg, that story is funny :D but you know what robbie, since you have it know, give it a try. I have one too and sometimes it's fun to use. Zucchini "noodles" or in the upcoming summer some cold cucumber "noodles" and some chopped tomatoes on top. Or a carrot salad...well...that's mostly for what I use it ;)

only requirement would be to work topless all day ;) I guess I would come by that shop too from time to time :p
  • robbie_1982
    Options
    I gave the spiral/cylinder thing a go to add to my salad at lunch and instead of having these amazing strands of carrots, I end up with a crushed mush at the bottom of it!! :o
  • ryanp_942
    ryanp_942 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Today is a good day. I met my deadline, break up from uni for Easter and lost 3.4lbs since the start of March. My metabolism has usually slowed right down at this stage (51 days and counting!) but as I haven't starved myself the pounds keep coming off. Such a good feeling watching the scale go down! :smiley: Ready to get to the gym over the break.
  • electriq
    electriq Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone,

I've been having a much busier time than I was but still managing quite a variety of exercise.

I went to No Lights No Lycra on Monday night. If you haven't heard of it Google it, but basically it is dancing in the dark. The idea being you can really let rip with dance moves and not be bothered about what anyone thinks. I tend to get into that place when I go dancing anyway but I really enjoyed this night, possibly because I could tell I was surrounded by a bunch of dancing enthusiasts and the music was really f***n' awesome!

On Tuesday I did my run/spin class combo and yesterday I took a rest day and started my new job. Woo!

I was planning to get out there for a run early this morning but the below zero temperature has put me off, I'll wait until later when at least the sun has come out a bit
  • electriq
    electriq Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    P.S. I am really enjoying this thread and hearing from everyone who contributes, it gives me a much better sense of who I am in this group with. Go us!
  • guinevere96
    Options
    Good morning lovelies! Had date night last night, and I made cauliflower "tater" tots. They were absolutely a success and delicious, but my body did not like them, and I am an unhappy lady at work today.
  • rebolaugh
    rebolaugh Posts: 125 Member
    Options

Ha ha! Funny story!

I am having awful seasonal allergies this week. I went for a 2-mile walk at lunch today and that's about all the exercise I can manage today. I will definitely get to the gym tomorrow before work though.
  • Scudder76
    Scudder76 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Hi all- Thought I'd join in, as I could use a mite more engagement with /commitment to MFP.

I had a huge workout today, spinning followed by a appointment with my trainer/coach/PT. (I have a long standing shoulder issue that is finally rehabed, but he's teaching me to broaden my exercise repertoire safely and appropriately)

I've pecked around a bit too much this afternoon, but can get away with it given the burn I had this AM. Off to dinner and a show in a bit, but I chose the restaurant knowing there are reasonable options there.

So, feeling good, I guess!