Anyone out there?

Options
nowweseeyou
nowweseeyou Posts: 1,235 Member
This group seems pretty quiet. I'm rounding my third week of Insanity and seeing I'm starting to not push as hard as I did on day one. Would love to find of other people to support and be supported by.

Hope to find you!

Replies

• Dulcefresh
    Dulcefresh Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Hello. My brother and I are finishing up recovery week. I have days where I have to try to push my self to do it. you can do it.
  • exwilson
    exwilson Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    @nowweseeyou‌ I'm on day 2 of recovery week.

When I'm noticing that I'm not pushing as hard as I should, I turn away from the TV and focus somewhere else. This stops me from focusing on the countdown clock and home in my core and effort.

Feel free to add for support. Good luck!
  • nowweseeyou
    nowweseeyou Posts: 1,235 Member
    Options
    exwilson wrote: »
    @nowweseeyou‌ I'm on day 2 of recovery week.

When I'm noticing that I'm not pushing as hard as I should, I turn away from the TV and focus somewhere else. This stops me from focusing on the countdown clock and home in my core and effort.

Feel free to add for support. Good luck!

This is great advice! It works so well too. Thanks man. I'll shoot you an add.
  • Rach_Gem_n_Disguise
    Rach_Gem_n_Disguise Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    I really wish there was an option to show the countdown clock or not. I feel I focus too much on how much time I have left sometimes. lol
  • KingsGirl4
    KingsGirl4 Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    I never really watch the clock, I'm too busy watching myself in the mirror and focusing haha
  • ja9smakinachange
    ja9smakinachange Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    Hey @nowweseeyou - I'm with you I need some more in your face support. Only on day 3 so I'm still pretty motivated but already looking ahead at the calendar and making excuses for some days.
  • KingsGirl4
    Options
    It's so easy to get discouraged looking ahead. I dealt with this a lot so far. But I keep repeating to myself - "Patience, patience, patience." and "one day at a time!"
  • FromFlabToFurious
    FromFlabToFurious Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    I'm on my third week and this is my third time doing Insanity. Weirdly enough, I'm kind of bored with this. Don't get me wrong, I'm totally getting fitter so it is definitely working and even though I can't see any physical changes, people are always telling me how much weight I've lost but I lack motivation to do the next day. I'm still going to finish it and then I'm going to try my hand at Max 30 after a month's rest.
  • KingsGirl4
    Options
    It is hard to stay motivated especially because this is a daily workout. But it will only get harder if you start skipping days. Even when you really don't want to do it, tell yourself "just get it over with". It's such a short workout, it's so convenient. You can do it! 3 weeks is so far in!!!!
  • LawMJY
    LawMJY Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Well done for the 3 weeks, KingsGirl4 :smiley: I've finished the first week and am still feeling motivated (and in pain!).
  • KingsGirl4
    Options
    @lawmjy congrats for finishing your first week! It gets so much easier from here - you're gonna love how much further you can push in the workouts :) Make sure you really utilize the stretches to prevent any more pain. Breathe and really try to feel the stretch!
  • LawMJY
    LawMJY Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the encouragement! Currently enjoying my rest day :)