Problem Areas!

Options
Julie20fan
Julie20fan Posts: 361 Member
What is that one area on your body that could use a little extra work? For me it's my legs. I have strong legs, but they could use a little more toning. I found this squat challenge and will be doing it for the next 30 days. If you would like to join in then please feel free. pc42ul2lbvcp.jpg

Replies

• catladyksa
    catladyksa Posts: 1,269 Member
    Options
    So when do we start?
  • Julie20fan
    Options
    Hey Nancy! Let's start on Tuesday.
  • catladyksa
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Guess that is today! Ok...here I go!.......ok I did the routine! Did a total of 42 squats coz I think we are suppose to do each leg in two of those squats. Not sure I can do all of them as we build up momentum but will try!
  • Julie20fan
    Options
    Great job. I am getting ready to do mine right now. I could always use some help when it comes to the legs lol.
  • Julie20fan
    Options
    I just finished. Not too bad. It is each leg for each rep.
  • Julie20fan
    Options
    Day 2 is in the books. I did a bunch of squats and lunges and sumos in my workout this morning, but was not going to pass up more. How did everyone else do?
  • mallen40
    mallen40 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I was going to try but my knees just can't take it. Plus went to get my MRI results and have to have surgery on BOTH of them. Just an out patient procedure but will put me out of any kind of exercising for 2 weeks with wack one :'(
    Guess my knee caps sit towards the side and the tendon on each attaching from the cap at the bottom is really tight. This is causing some strain and rubbing to the joint causing the cartilage to break down. If left unaddressed can lead to bone on bone which is worse. Didn't realize it was so bad
  • Julie20fan
    Options
    Happy to hear you are getting this addressed. My daughter has the same thing going on in one of her knees. She has been in therapy for it off and on for the last few years. Just take your time. There is no rush during the two weeks you are recovering. Keep your nutrition in line and everything will be fine. I have no doubt you will. You have overcome so much already Melissa. You can do this.
  • Julie20fan
    Options
    Done with day 3. These are becoming a little more challenging. I love it though.
  • mallen40
    Options
    Julie20fan wrote: »
    Happy to hear you are getting this addressed. My daughter has the same thing going on in one of her knees. She has been in therapy for it off and on for the last few years. Just take your time. There is no rush during the two weeks you are recovering. Keep your nutrition in line and everything will be fine. I have no doubt you will. You have overcome so much already Melissa. You can do this.

Yes I will have to pay very close attention to how I eat those 2 weeks while off but will think I can do things while sitting using my resistance bands so I can keep things going. I can really focus on my arms and some core. Do you have anything that can work the core that doesn't require getting up and down from the floor? I figured I can do some kind of crunches while streatched out on couch or bed.
  • catladyksa
    Options
    mallen40 wrote: »
    I was going to try but my knees just can't take it. Plus went to get my MRI results and have to have surgery on BOTH of them.

What type of surgery?
  • Julie20fan
    Options
    Melissa let me look for some core work for you. I will let you know.
  • Julie20fan
    Options
    I know it says rest today, but Sunday's are my rest days and I wanted to do a little extra anyways. How is it going for you Nancy?
  • catladyksa
    Options
    Hanging in there. May also continue today with squats, will c how it goes later today. Busy next couple of days.....but that is no excuse!
  • mallen40
    Options
    catladyksa wrote: »
    mallen40 wrote: »
    I was going to try but my knees just can't take it. Plus went to get my MRI results and have to have surgery on BOTH of them.

What type of surgery?

It is an out patient procedure that won't take long. They are going to cut the tendon that is tight which will allow the knee caps to go back to the normal position. It will relieve the pain and grinding.
  • catladyksa
    Options
    Ouch! All the best for a speedy recovery!
  • Julie20fan
    Options
    I did not forget about you Melissa. I will get with you on the exercises to do post op. I know the doctor will give you some as well.
  • Julie20fan
    Options
    Nancy did you make it home?
  • catladyksa
    Options
    Not yet Julie. Am leaving early Tuesday and things are hectic trying to pack and repack etc! I swore I would only take one suitcase back with me....not a chance. My mom says I say this every time I return! Just so many things not available to me so I bring them back with me. I have not done the squat challenge today nor started the 21 day fix yet. I will when I get home, hope to start on Saturday. Have a great week folks. I will be logging in, but will only be on MFP briefly. Gearing up for traveling over three days to make it home.
  • Julie20fan
    Options
    Have a safe trip home.