Checking in

Options
Agefyter
Agefyter Posts: 107 Member
At 52 trying to lose 5-8 lbs is HARD. It just doesn't fall off like it used to (take a note you younger people!). I've spent the last 8 months eating and drinking like I was 30 and now have to try to lose and tone. I exercise regularly but need to be more accountable with my food and wine. This is the best place to do it!

Replies

• Diocharic34
    Diocharic34 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I'm finding it to be harder for me as well and I'm only 36.
  • snowflakesav
    snowflakesav Posts: 647 Member
    Options
    Hi Agefyter. I finally went to the doctor and had her prescribe hormone replacement. I am 51 and have been fighting 15 pounds for the past 4 years. I'll let you know how it turns out.
  • ataranko
    ataranko Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I am only 33 but have noticed that even though I try to watch what I eat, the last couple of years, I have a very hard time to lose weight and it's super easy to gain . I guess my metabolism is slowing down but I am encouraged to meet others like me (here) who are not giving up but keep trying !
  • DiIDE
    DiIDE Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    I am 69 workout at the gym 4 to 5 days a week and although I weigh58.7kg I still have a roll of fat around my middle. I try to eat well most of the time so I guess it's eat less and move more to lose the extra kgs. It's very hard because I am always hungry.
  • CarolynInDC
    CarolynInDC Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Hey, just joined this group... I'm 31, barely 5'4", and was at 138 for years (and happy with it... I'm curvy and strong, so bring in the 130s looks good on me). In the past year I lost focus on my body/eating, and put on 15 pounds (combination of full time work, grad school, thesis writing, getting married, and starting a business). I hit 153, but dropped 2.5 pounds in the past week by following Lean Gains' 16 hour fast, 8 hour eating window plan, which is great for me (my body collects and holds on to pounds like trading cards!). I'm hoping this trend will continue, and just looking for people going through the same type of journey both for support and accountability. Hope you all have a good weekend!
  • pecas103
    pecas103 Posts: 1
    Options
    Hi, I am 55 and 138 pounds working to Go down to 130, very hard to do it. I workout 3 to 4 times per week, following MFP group we can do it
  • sharonblatcher96
    sharonblatcher96 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm 56, 5ft6, 63kg and trying to get back to 60kg. Started to gain weight after the summer and soon gained 5 kg. Finding it very slow to lose it. Been on 1200 calories for a month now and only lost 2kg. Exercise wise I ski 3 times a week for roughly 3 hours. Any advice? I've cut out bread, potatoes and alcohol, except for a few lapses! Need to get back into my favourite jeans. I know how you feel Agefyter.