Play?

Options
agardengrrrl
agardengrrrl Posts: 50 Member
I was wondering if anyone wanted to share your favorite fun activities that involve moving your body? Not workouts but just fun activities. I like my workouts to feel challenging but I have been thinking about making more time for fun! I don't have kids so I feel a little guilty about this, but I like hooping and playing on my DDR. Now that I have lost a bit of weight I can actually keep my hoop up for a while!

Of course outdoor activities are the most fun. I like hiking and swimming in natural water bodies, but I don't do those things as much as I would like. I have been thinking about trying geocaching again. I like a little mental challenge with my activity.

Replies

• bonniejo
    bonniejo Posts: 787 Member
    Options
    Dancing is always fun :) I love swing dance! They have swing, latin, and ballroom dance nights in most cities
  • Graceious1
    Graceious1 Posts: 716 Member
    Options
    I love cycling and cycle with my son to school every morning.
  • MandaLeigh123
    MandaLeigh123 Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    I havent been doing these lately but I like to hoop dance & play with my Wii active. Also raquetball! Lazer tag!
  • agardengrrrl
    Options
    I have a bike but I just think of it for commuting. Maybe I should look for some fun bike trails. I'm uncoordinated that I'm afraid of team sports with balls. LOL. I do like dancing, but my husband needs a knee replacement so I would feel weird going out dancing without him.
  • Neonbeige
    Neonbeige Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    Great thread! I was just thinking these days about a way to add more fun sportish things in my life. Thought about purchasing a long board - I had a skateboard when I was young and cool, harhar
  • agardengrrrl
    Options
    OMG. My balance is terrible and I'm a wimp about falling and hurting myself. Although I used to like horseback riding. Oh, and scuba. Why do I like expensive stuff? LOL. Yesterday I heard about the zombie running app. I'm not a runner, but I have been trying jogging a little and that sounds fun. I might buy the Couch to 5K zombie running app.
  • Neonbeige
    Neonbeige Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    Yeah, I am also not so sure about that anymore. My concern is now a bit like: IF I hurt myself, it would be way worse, cause I have kids and a job now. It´s not the same anymore than being 16, 17...

I like the zombie apps and think they are worth their money. Am I a runner now? No :-D But that´s not the fault of the app, it´s just me.

So a sport that is fun and not dangerous, and cheap, rofl...maybe something with dancing. I am not a fan of following a DVD or something like that, dunno. Makes me feel awkward. Doing stuff in a team often requires games on the weekends and so on, but these are already packed with my son´s football games...wow, first word problems...

• aylajane
    aylajane Posts: 979 Member
    Options
    Best advice I ever heard was "Dont think of it as exercise... its recess!"
  • agardengrrrl
    Options
    LOL Neonbeige. No, I'm just chatting now. I think it might be good for me to get over some of my caution about hurting myself. I have always wanted to learn how to surf even though my balance is terrible. Skateboarding is kind of like surfing right? Or skiing, that is kind of dangerous, but it sounds fun. Sports are just expensive. I would love to try sea kayaking, that would be a good arm workout.
  • nmcknny
    nmcknny Posts: 479 Member
    Options
    You might try bellydance. It's fun and you'll get a good workout. You can do it even if you aren't a great dancer, doesn't need special equipment (maybe a hip scarf). There are videos that you can use but a class is best.
  • agardengrrrl
    Options
    That's a good idea!
  • SoUl_ReBeL2021
    SoUl_ReBeL2021 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    I personally would love to go rollerblading that would be fun!