hi im new:)

Options
Hi all, my name Kelly and I am 40 years old. I have been struggling for years with my weight due to emotional eating. I live a very stressful life due to the fact that I have children with a terminal disease. When I am upset I eat alot and as you can imagine I get upset quite a bit and I wasnt taking care of me. I was so busy taking care of everyone else my health declined and I was told that my body was shutting itself down and I was borderline diabetic. I knew at that point I had to make changes and I got help with my anxiety. I still struggle with eating but I take one day at a time and I have lost 40lbs so far.I still need to lose 20 lbs though. I want to be healthy so I can be there for my children. Looking forward to talking to you all :)

Replies

• Heermandy
    Options
    I'm looking for a MFP support group. I am proud of your successes. You seem motivated for the right reasons. Good! I'm 47 and have lost about 25 lbs. I have about 10 more (at least). I've noticed that anxiety symptoms are reduced a lot when I reduce carbohydrates and sugars. Good luck!
  • Chris50mfp
    Chris50mfp Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Congratulations both of you! I am 48 need to lose about 40 lbs and go back and forth good on exercise bad on eating - Both of you please feel free to friend me here or FB - this site is great for Support & especially when you want to blow off steam - sometimes just venting helps a lot ! - Heermandy - I had never thought about the correlation but I will give it a go! - Have great days !
  • Angelmom919
    Angelmom919 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    You can add me if you like! I have been up and down with my weight! It's been tough and motivation has been a real problem for me since I lost my son in 2012. But I decided that this year was going to be my year to stay healthy and since beginning of year I have been staying on track.
  • Sunnyrae74
    Sunnyrae74 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Hi. I'm not new to MFP. I'm returning after a long absence. I'm new to the group though. My name is Darla. I turned 40 in October. I have a long journey ahead of me. Like you, I've spent my life taking care of others. Its time to take care of me.
  • jlewisrn74
    jlewisrn74 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Just wanted to say HI! I'm not new to MFP but am fairly new to the community. I actually just found it... I never really searched the app. Haha!! Anyway, wanted to say Hi!
  • 123jocelyn321
    Options
    Hi there. Repeat offender to weight loss programs. I am 40 thus yr and struggles with keeping focus and making time for my exercise and weight loss priorities with a young family's needs. Looking forward to the challenge. Support definitely needed :)
  • tsutton777
    tsutton777 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Hello, I'm new here. I am not on an exercise program as yet, however I do love to hike! Allow me to encourage anyone wanting to lose weight or get healthier to take it up.
  • LAURAMCFANN
    Options
    I'm not new to MFP, but I just found the group. I'm 49 and I've lost and gained weight since the 90's. I lose a bunch and then go back to old habits and creep up again. I recently had blood work that was not so great and I knew now was the time. Back to myfitnesspal daily and started a zumba program which I love. I also got a fitbit and I do 10,000 steps daily sometimes in front of the tv. Walking is free and you can start small.
  • Pixiemite
    Pixiemite Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone!
    I'm 42, married with 2 kids and 2 stepkids. Living in East Devon, but originally from Berkshire. I've been attending Slimming World for 4 weeks. I've just started this app. I'm disabled due to a chronic hip problem, so I struggle to do much exercise. Looking to make new friends for support and encouragement.
    Best Wishes,
    Nicky
  • loser107332
    loser107332 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    im new 24 lbs to lose weighing in tonight
  • kareneastwood865
    kareneastwood865 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Hello! I've been here since November. I've found incredible support, encouragement, and tips for this journey through the friends I've made here. They are a daily source of motivation!
  • chandramiller68
    chandramiller68 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    Good Morning All -
    I'm new to MFP; 46 years old and have about 30 lbs to lose. I miss the healthier, happier, more athletic person I used to be a few years ago. I'm tired of feeling eh in my clothes and skin. :-) It's time to change this mess! I wish everyone the best in reaching your goals!