Preop issues ....**sigh**

Options
Laurac727
Laurac727 Posts: 60 Member
So I am on day 10 of preop diet and last appointment with NUT and Psych was today to review the surgery and post items. Surgery is Monday 23rd. So I explain I am bloated, constipated, over full, leg cramps, and INSOMNIA since this preop started. So now switch to soy milk and add benefiber :( I really like my milk so that is a bummer. But I am confused as premier protein premixed shakes, pudding cups, yogurt etc are all dairy, so how is this going to make a difference when none of that changes? I guess just a cut back from what it has been is my guess. Tomorrow husband and I get to spend the day on preop work and meeting with surgeon office. Moving right along quickly now but all I can think of is I want a nap and I know NOT to do that or I will definite not sleep all night tonight. So there is my venting for this month ha ha I am done now. Still excited, getting a little nervous if I let myself think about it.

Replies

• ac7nj
    ac7nj Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    Just relax and let the world spin on it's own until Monday night. You have everything else taken care of or let someone else do it. Take time to daydream and go to your favorite place feel the wind, feel the warmth on your skin. Embrace the exercise. Okay so try it out for 30 minutes with a timer.
    The more relaxed you are before surgery the better outcome. This is a well documented fact and is the rationale behind the early medications you will have.

Randy RN (registered nurse)
  • Laurac727
    Options
    thank you Randy RN from Laura RN, MSN LOL
  • Laurac727
    Options
    sorry Randy that was short my father in law walked in behind me lol. I agree and had not thought about it that way, I was so focused on this task then this one and so on, I was not looking outside of any box but the box they give me each day. I did go ride the Harley on Monday and I will ride the UTV side by side Saturday before heading that way as I don't know how long it will be before I can do that again. I did not know that you were also a nurse and that is good to know for sure and you have already been thru this too. So makes it extra better, thank you
  • KarlaYP
    KarlaYP Posts: 4,439 Member
    Options
    Another RN here! I'm sure there are many of us here. We don't always identify ourselves. I had a Sleeve converted to RNY on January 20, 2015, because of issues with bile reflux. Do have some weight to lose since I never got to goal with the sleeve. Lowest was 208, RNY surgery was 231 and now 217.5. Not losing as fast as a first-round RNY, but steady decline. I like the way I feel after RNY vs sleeve too. The pouch seems to communicate much better than the sleeve also. Best of luck to you!
  • Laurac727
    Options
    Thank you! it really helps to put things into a perspective and talk with other nurses does make it better a lot. thank to both of you very much. Tomorrow day with the surgeon office.....
  • 2BeHappy2
    2BeHappy2 Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    Karlottap wrote: »
    Another RN here! I'm sure there are many of us here. We don't always identify ourselves.

Exactly!
    Don't need to...people are accepting of info regardless :wink:

• gaining_while_losing
    gaining_while_losing Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Best of luck to you!!
  • Laurac727
    Options
    well today went for surgeon consult and preop testing for Mondays surgery. Went very well without issue and yes the gallbladder and bile ducts and everything will be removed/repaired during also. Thank goodness. Also the soy milk instead of regular milk is AMAZING it taste so much better and less sweet!! and none of those other issues at all today. And guess what I slept last night finally and napped when home from surgeon appt. Lord help me I think its on the up swing finally!!
  • gaining_while_losing
    gaining_while_losing Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Yay!! That's good news! :-)
  • blairmundy
    blairmundy Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    I had insomnia like crazy during the preop diet. I read some things about how drastically lowering carbs and putting yourself in keto can cause that for a small section of people. I didn't think I'd be one of them - I'm a champion sleeper and my kids keep me sleep deprived most of the time! But it did get better a bit even before surgery and post-op it returned to normal.
  • KarlaYP
    KarlaYP Posts: 4,439 Member
    Options
    :) so glad!
  • CEK0220
    CEK0220 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Great news! Good luck on Monday!
  • Kleona29
    Kleona29 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Awesome. Good luck.
  • ac7nj
    ac7nj Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    You will do great Monday and I'm glad everything is coming together for you.
    Write back when you're up to it after your procedure.

Randy