Bulletproof Coffee

Options
Rebamae
Rebamae Posts: 744 Member
Would someone please explain this to me. Is this something we need to have? I am a hot tea drinker as I cannot drink coffee. Can I do the same thing with the tea?
Thanks for the help!!

Replies

• SteamClutch
    SteamClutch Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    There are many who do this and swear by it as a way to stave off hunger in the mornings and get a start on fat intake, it is not necessary but if you enjoy tea then by all means drink it and enjoy yourself.
  • pope705
    pope705 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    I've heard of people doing it with tea and hot chocolate. I've seen recipes to make bulletproof iced coffee too. I'm sure if you google it you could find some people who drank it as tea.
    I know the original BulletProof Coffee (TM) uses "special" coffee beans that are free of toxins/molds present in conventional coffee. I don't feel it makes a difference which coffee (or tea) you use unless you are doing the entire BulletProof Protocol.
  • tmdalton849
    tmdalton849 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    i make mine with tea. i use celestial seasonings roastaroma and add ceylon cinnamon and a tbs. or two of spiced ghee (cardamom, ginger cinnamon). sometimes i add coconut oil. whiz with immersion blender until it is frothy and creamy. it's soooooo goooood!

for me, it's an easy way to get a good dose of healthy fats into my day.
  • Rebamae
    Rebamae Posts: 744 Member
    Options
    Thank you everyone for the information. I am going to try it B)
  • Xylena88
    Xylena88 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    bullet proof tea sounds amazing!
  • Gianfranco_R
    Gianfranco_R Posts: 1,297 Member
    Options
    Rebamae wrote: »
    Would someone please explain this to me. Is this something we need to have? I am a hot tea drinker as I cannot drink coffee. Can I do the same thing with the tea?
    Thanks for the help!!

Not really necessary. If you are doing low-carb, some people find that it helps them to stay satiated. Personally I'm not into bulletproof thing, but I like to drink tea and coffee with a teaspoon of coconut oil or with some coconut cream.

• homesweeths
    homesweeths Posts: 792 Member
    Options
    I like the texture that coconut oil, whipped into my coffee with a $3 IKEA milk frother, gives my coffee. Not so much with tea. Thus, if I'm drinking tea, I might just eat a spoonful of coconut oil on the side to get that staying power and the benefits of coconut oil. Some brands of coconut oil actually taste pretty good. (Others don't. YMMV, as they say on the main boards.)
  • qkcam
    qkcam Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    I love both coffee and tea I ordered some of the bulletproof coffee beans and they want to strong as I thought. I'm used to drinking Peets coffee here we have in the bay area which is really strong. I can't drink it every day though because my body has bad reactions to it so I do drink tea and I found a recipe here for this chai bulletproof tea that sounds absolutely delicious I'm gonna have to give it a try. http://ilovebuttercoffee.com/bulletproof-tea-recipe/
    http://www.seasonalandsavory.com/2014/08/bulletproof-chai.html
  • feisty_bucket
    feisty_bucket Posts: 1,047 Member
    Options
    It's easier to get your head around the possibilities if you think of it as "adding fat to a hot drink" instead of necessarily "Bulletproof Coffee (TM)."
  • 3lilkids
    3lilkids Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I like to call it "fat coffee", and drink it when I head for the gym in the morning. I'm up at 5:00, gym at 6:00, and eat breakfast around 9 or 10, or sometimes skip the breakfast. I use 1 tbsp unsalted butter and 1 tbsp coconut, some pumpkin pie spice, and blend it with my immersion blender. I've used cocoa powder, vanilla extract, and a dash of cinnamon on occasion instead of the pumpkin pie spice and it's pretty good as well.