Role call

Options
carimiller7391
carimiller7391 Posts: 1,091 Member
I thought this would be a fun ice breaker for us all. Who are you, what are you about and where are you from??

Replies

• shelbymikszath1
    shelbymikszath1 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I am the creator if the group, i am a sixteen year old girl who lives in Sweden but my mother is from Texas and i was born there and visit as much as possible. Since i have struggled alot with depression and axiety and lack of motivation i started this group in hopes that both my motivation would excell and also others. Hopefully i can help others as you alla help me
  • carimiller7391
    carimiller7391 Posts: 1,091 Member
    Options
    My name is Cari. I'm from Wilmington, DE... born and raised. Only lived in one other place in the last 42 years. Buffalo, NY for 3 years...2009-2012. It was horrible. I am a homebody, animal lover, people watcher. I love parks (amusement and regular) and hoping that in the next 6 months to be less of a homebody and go out more.

I had gastric sleeve surgery in 2012 in Buffalo, NY, lost 55 lbs, and stopped. I yo-yo'ed dieted from the time I was 18-41. My body's metabolism was so jacked up that I went to see a nutritionist, endocrinologist and weight loss doc here in Delaware. All 3 said the same thing. The only way I was going to lose weight was to have gastric bypass (RNY) and reset my metabolism. I went thru the process, was approved for surgery in under 24 hours and finally had RNY on 01/26/15. I've lost 15lbs since surgery and 24lbs pre-surgery on Opti-fast. My doctor said I am doing awesome as he only wants me to lose 2 lbs a week. He said that they found those that lose faster tend to put the weight back on and have a harder time in maintanience. I feel SOOO much better just being down the 39 lbs. I have a very long way to go. I'm taking it 10lbs at a time. I'm taking progress pics, clebrating NSV's and getting rid of clothes as I shrink out of them. NO need to hold onto them as I will never go back. I feel as though holding on to bigger clothes for me gives me permission to regain weight.
  • lilithsrose
    lilithsrose Posts: 752 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    My name is Ally. I'm 23 years old and from southwest PA. I'm currently 5'5" and 202 pounds. My goal is to reach 150 eventually. I haven't weighed that little since I was 17.

I have an unhealthy relationship with food and very little willpower. I'm not an emotional eater, but I do eat when I'm bored. I spend a lot of my day thinking about food. I have some traits of a compulsive eater. I think I have a mental problem with food. It may be partly due to my family. They are very food orientated and get offended if you don't eat. My bad eating habits started at a very young age. I was forced to eat more than I wanted or I wasn't allowed to leave the table. My family also used to eat a "snack" each night that consisted of chips, cheese, pepperoni, etc. It was very unhealthy.

Its hard overcoming the mental roadblocks. I'm trying to get myself into the right mindframe. Right now I'm just trying to cut back on eating as much. I am attempting to start moving more as well. I've cut out almost all pop and sweet tea. I'm now trying to cut back on deep-fried foods.
  • SpeedRacer13
    SpeedRacer13 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Hi ,

I'm Jeanne from San Diego. I never had issues with weight or food until about 5 years ago. In my town, women of 'a certain age' are pretty much invisible. I eat from boredom (boring job) and stress.

I'm looking to lose about 25 pounds, not only to feel better (back and knee issues) but to fit into my cool summer clothing. Also, I'd love to start dating again and San Diego is full of very shallow folks. I figure if I feel healthy, eat healthy...a side effect will be looking good and a great attitude!

Working out helps, conversation helps and I'm just working on being a better person.
  • littlebabekitty
    littlebabekitty Posts: 390 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Hi guys
  • omelet2000
    omelet2000 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    I'm 38 years old man from California. I think I've always been a fat kid (see me wearing a Where's the Beef? shirt). In high school I ballooned to about 180 but then lost to 145 by the time I graduated. Of course I gained my freshman 15 in college and plateaued to about 165. I've had stretches where I worked out a lot but then always fell out. After getting married, buying a house, having a baby, and starting my own business (all in one year) I have steadily gained and maxed out around 215. Finally I decided it was time to get back to it and be serious about changing my lifestyle and living healthy!
  • ROBOTFOOD
    ROBOTFOOD Posts: 5,527 Member
    Options
    Hi! My names Chris. I'm 26yo, 6'0 141lbs. I live in Las Vegas, NV. I'm a distance runner, mtn runner, snowboarder. I don't follow any diet or avoid foods. I already have a hard enough time staying where I'm at now lol. I joined mfp to mainly interact and meet other runners, but I enjoy seeing everyone's different story/goals. It interests me. I also try to give running tips/info if anyone requests. I'm also a amateur storm chaser and huge weather nerd lol.
  • blucas2013
    blucas2013 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm Becky, I am looking to loose 10 lbs. I am also trying to take sugar out of my diet, at least 90% of it. I enjoy working out, running and yoga are favorites. Good luck to everyone in achieving your goals!