Sugar in eggs/veggies

Options
Hello everyone,

It's my first day on keto! Finally trying it :smile:

After putting in my keto breakfast & lunch on MFP I'm surprised at all the sugar I've consumed. It says I've had 13g of sugar: 4g from eggs & 6g from chicken/veg soup & 1g from avo. I'm a little confused. Is this sugar considered ok to consume? Or something that should still be avoided? Is there an acceptable range of sugar intake?

Thank you!

Replies

• isa75
    isa75 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    My take: As long as I am not adding sugar into my diet, any natural sugars in eggs and veggies are acceptable and A-okay as long as they fit into my overall allowable carb count. It would be near impossible to never consume any sugars if you are eating whole and natural foods.
  • Mistizoom
    Mistizoom Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    All non-fiber carbs get converted to sugar in the body, so I don't particularly worry about it as long as the food itself is low carb.
  • thejessydance
    thejessydance Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    That helps. Thank you both!
  • FXOjafar
    FXOjafar Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    Is the chicken/veg soup premade or from a packet? Dump that stuff and make it yourself if possible. Or just have eggs and avo. Avo mushed up in a stuffed omelette is delish! I cook mine in butter or duck fat :)
    It's important to include cruciferous (Cauliflower, Broccoli, green beans, spinach etc..) vegetables on keto to help your gut flora along with the fibre.