Playing Evil

Options
2»

Replies

• brandiuntz
    brandiuntz Posts: 2,717 Member
    Options
    bostonwolf wrote: »
    Nothing wrong with you. Certain games I feel terrible about playing renegade. Jade Empire is a good example, old game but man the evil path is HARSH. In Dragon Age I have trouble being mean to my companions, especially if I like them. In fact the only companion I was ever mean to and booted from my group was Sera. Gah, so annoying that one. No regrets.

I'm trying to get in her pants so I need to keep her around for a bit longer :)

Sera annoyed the hell out of me early on. I even quit romancing her and switched to Josephine. But, as the main quests progress, she gets funnier. Her introduction at the party for Wicked Eyes, Wicked Hearts cracked me up. Can't beat when her and Iron Bull discuss women during party banter, either.

• sofaking6
    sofaking6 Posts: 4,589 Member
    edited December 2014
    Options
    brandiuntz wrote: »
    Nothing wrong with you. Certain games I feel terrible about playing renegade. Jade Empire is a good example, old game but man the evil path is HARSH. In Dragon Age I have trouble being mean to my companions, especially if I like them. In fact the only companion I was ever mean to and booted from my group was Sera. Gah, so annoying that one. No regrets.

Sera annoyed the hell out of me early on. I even quit romancing her and switched to Josephine. But, as the main quests progress, she gets funnier. Her introduction at the party for Wicked Eyes, Wicked Hearts cracked me up. Can't beat when her and Iron Bull discuss women during party banter, either.

Can I spoiler something? In Sera's companion quest, if you don't play it right...let me just say OH MY lol...

Honestly I wouldn't romance her...she'd probably bite a nipple off for fun.
  • brandiuntz
    Options
    sofaking6 wrote: »

Can I spoiler something? In Sera's companion quest, if you don't play it right...let me just say OH MY lol...

Hahaha! Josephine and I are officially a couple now, so I'm set for the first play through. I'm entertained that I can still flirt with Sera (and Cullen?!) while committed to Josie.

Josie's romance SPOILER ALERT falls into the "cute" category. Mildly disappointed, lol. I've seen some of Sera's on youtube, so, yeah, I'm going for that on the second play through. :p
  • sofaking6
    Options

Hahaha! Josephine and I are officially a couple now, so I'm set for the first play through. I'm entertained that I can still flirt with Sera (and Cullen?!) while committed to Josie.

Josie's romance SPOILER ALERT falls into the "cute" category. Mildly disappointed, lol. I've seen some of Sera's on youtube, so, yeah, I'm going for that on the second play through. :p

Jeez I must have said something wrong to Josie because I don't even get romance anymore :( So, I went for Cullen. Typical of me, fall for an addict lol. Sera is pretty into me though.

• brandiuntz
    edited December 2014
    Options
    I don't think Josie gives you a ton of flirt chances. I only flirted a few times before receiving her 1st personal quest (fortunes). After that one, then finding that old family crest she wanted, there weren't really any flirt options until later on when, her actual romance quest (the duel) came up. I think you have to do "Abyss" in main quests before that will trigger. Oh, I did enjoy the "talk" Leliana gave me when I was flirting with Josie. That is something you have to trigger to truly start the romance with Josie. I believe I got that after finding the family crest, not sure.

I kept flirting with Sera, but when I got serious with Josie, Sera let me know she was exclusive and would not be a "second". We do have friendly roof time, though, and that's fun.

LOL about Cullen and addiction. His romance still comes up, though he lets me know I'd have to break things up with Josie, which is no longer possible. I think that's a bug...he should've stopped offering himself to me. Damn addict. ;)
  • bostonwolf
    bostonwolf Posts: 3,038 Member
    Options
    Sera romance successful. Plenty of boobies all around! :)

Will definitely play again and try out a few more of the romance options for fun.
  • sofaking6
    Options

Will definitely play again and try out a few more of the romance options for fun.

Cullen is boring, but I'm wondering if it's too late to dump him. Has anyone broken a heart?

• JoshMaz
    JoshMaz Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    I finished a run through The Witcher II: Assassins of Kings recently. While there are plenty of choices to be made through the story, very early on you have a choice or working with the authorities or with the "bad guys". I feel there is another complete storyline that I haven't seen yet and I do hope to get back and play through on the other side as well. Because boobies.
  • brandiuntz
    Options

Cullen is boring, but I'm wondering if it's too late to dump him. Has anyone broken a heart?

I haven't broken one yet. I admit to being tempted to on my 2nd play through of DA:I. Maybe pursue Josie, break her heart, then get with Sera? I'm afraid of what Leliana will do to me!
  • brandiuntz
    Options
    JoshMaz wrote: »
    I finished a run through The Witcher II: Assassins of Kings recently. While there are plenty of choices to be made through the story, very early on you have a choice or working with the authorities or with the "bad guys". I feel there is another complete storyline that I haven't seen yet and I do hope to get back and play through on the other side as well. Because boobies.

I have this game and haven't yet played it. Now you've given me reason to get on it!
  • styledsky
    styledsky Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    I can't do it - I always play Good (even my Sith in SWTOR are hardline Light Side). I think this is because I GM so much that I'm used to being the evil overlord, so it's nice to play the shining paragon role for myself.
  • Arthemise1
    Arthemise1 Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    Me neither. My Sith are also Light Side. lol. I just don't like even pretending to be evil. Although I have to say that the Dark Side choice is very tempting sometimes, especially when you really want to kick someone's butt that really deserves it.