Lower cals while injured?

Options
Makatees
Makatees Posts: 30 Member
Just need some advice. I have an injury so will be unable to exercise, not sure for how long. Wondering if I should recalculate my activity level on scooby and adjust my calories temporarily?

Replies

• bonniejo
    bonniejo Posts: 787 Member
    Options
    It depends on the injury. Your body will need extra calories to heal properly. It's surprising how much!
  • Makatees
    Options
    Thanks bonniejo I didnt even think of it that way! I Think it might be a pinched nerve because I have pain going from my lower back to my hip and burning down my thigh. Hard to say how long it will take to come good, but I have a fantastic chiropractor who works miracles so hoping it won't take too long! :-)
  • heybales
    heybales Posts: 18,842 Member
    Options
    Life lesson - always eat correctly for level of activity.

If eating less to lose weight, same principle applies.

It would be better to adjust TDEE on newer less active life, and then take smaller or no deficit to aid healing.
    Though this isn't really the kind of healing like muscle/tendon strain/tear that would benefit. Pinched nerve, eh, what's extra food going to do for that.

I guess out of sheer coincidence that value could match keeping your current eating level based on being more active with a deficit.
  • Makatees
    Options
    Thanks Heybales!