Motivation, Support and Accountability Thread, March 23rd - 29th

Options
Italian_Buju
Italian_Buju Posts: 8,030 Member
Last week was rough, but today was much better....I hydrated and ate well, and got all my steps in.....I lost my change purse at the grocery store, that has been bothering me all night, but that is only a minor thing.....ready to take this week head on!

My goals for this week are:

1. Proper morning hydration
2. Post to this thread everyday
3. Log my food six days this week (But still be mindful of what I eat on my day off)
4. Get to the YMCA three times
5. Make my 10 thousand steps every day
6. To blog once this week (on another site)
7. Go to bed by 10pm four nights this week

How about you? What are your goals?

Weekly Mini Goal

One day this week, plan and log all your food for the next day!

Replies

• matfatcowboy
    matfatcowboy Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Great mini goal!

My week was bad but as rafiki says, it's in da past. Goals...
    1. Workout 3 x on my Xbox thing
    2. Log food 6 days.
    3. Hydrate
    4. Stick to my new schedule.
    5. Don't stress, have a big event this week at work, and it's super easy to stress eat my head off.

Good luck all.
  • Skittles2183
    Skittles2183 Posts: 1,597 Member
    Options
    last few days were not my best days. but its ok I am not going to beat my self over them. today I am logging all my food now. and I have body pump ( if class isn't full ) and maybe some c25k training.

goal this week

1. track all food
    2. work out 30 mins every day.
    3. post every day in here.
    4. try a new exercise class
  • craftscout
    craftscout Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    This week is gonna be interesting.

1. Don't eat anything you don't want to track (like those chorizo breakfast tacos from last weekend).
    2. 8-10,000 steps (C'mon, remember how good the happy dance your FitBit does on your wrist feels???)
    3. At least two classes this week (Kickboxing this morning, and aiming for yoga on Wednesday)
    4. Strength training at least 2x
    5. DO NOT GO CRAZY THIS WEEK.

This weekend is the big Girl Scout Campout that I have been organizing for the last 6 months. It has probable taken 200+ hours of volunteer time, has caused me more stress than anyone needs including personal attacks and snide insinuations about my character. I just keep reminding myself, "This is for the girls" - all 300 of them!

This weekend will be both good and bad, though, from a health perspective. I will easily get 10,000 steps of hiking in each day this weekend as I roam the property checking on troops and playing with my own troop, we even have a 2.5 mile hike planned.

But the food - well, it's about teaching the girls to do for themselves, and choose for themselves. So, we're having hot dogs and salad for lunch (because I insist on vegetables), and Frito Pie for dinner. It was kind of amazing the first time I showed my troop Frito Pie, because many of them had never heard of it (open a bag of regular Fritos, pour on a serving of chili, and top with cheese and diced onions for the true Texas way). Many of my girls are South Asian with parents who immigrated in from India and Pakistan, so they had never heard of it. :)

And of course, S'Mores.

Thank goodness I will probably be hiking off most of that crap.
  • chezz
    chezz Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    mine this week as being my first week back again :blush:
    1. to log everyday and also write down in my book to
    2. drink more water
    3. do my L.S. dvd at least 3 times this week
    4. no listening to negative people turn my hearing off :)
    hope you all have a great week
  • BarbColson
    Options
    Hi, I'm new here.

My goals for this week--

1. I've started the "0 to 60" walking plan and I plan to walk every day.
    2. Drink all my water--100+ oz a day
    3. NO food after 8pm
    4. In bed by midnight (i have been staying up till 1 or 2am)
    5. Use MFP and log everything.
  • chris2365
    chris2365 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Hi, all! I had a slow start to the month. Tried old-fashioned calorie counting and weighing but the results got worse and worse. With my metabolism, I have to eat much, much less than you would think and I get mean and grumpy and feel deprived trying to subsist on 1200-1300 calories a day.

So last week I went back to try intermittent fasting and I am beyond delighted. I'm down just over 10 pounds for the month and so far, so good. It's a healthy way to do it (really, no worries, the medical science behind it is overwhelming and you don't enter 'starvation mode' in less than 72 hours and it's delightful for inflammation problems like I have). It's weird. I had tried this about 1-1/2 years ago and it was too traumatic for me. I don't know what the difference is this time, but now it's just easy. I haven't had cravings and honestly, my mood is great on my non-eating days. I'm not advocating this for anyone else, but for me? It's working - yay!

My goals for this week:

1. Fast (no cal except vitamins/probiotic drink) Monday, Wednesday, Friday
    2. Drink water throughout the day all days
    3. Take my vitamins (D, B12, fiber, probiotic) daily
    4. Log my weekend eating
  • ScrAgnX
    ScrAgnX Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    I like the mini goal; I do this fairly frequently and find that it helps me keep on track (for me planning ahead is a lot easier eating the same breakfast, lunch, and snacks most days).

Rode my bike off the trainer Saturday and Sunday; first rides outside this season (and for me decade...). 10+ Years ago I got into better shape, and started cycling frequently, and it's humbling that the small hills I'm encountering now are so challenging. At the same time, it's motivating me to push harder to get back into better shape so I can tackle them with ease again.

My goals for the week:
    1. Ride outside as many evenings as possible (poor weather & late nights are not possible yet)
    2. Try to limit my stress from work & home demands (see #1).
    3. Sleep at least 6 hours a night.
  • shballa
    shballa Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Seeing everyone else's sleep-related goals reminds me that my sleep hasn't been the greatest lately. So my goal for this week is to get to bed by 9:30. 9:00 would be ideal, but I'll work on 9:30 and see how that goes.

I already do the mini-goal every day. Either the day before or first thing in the morning. That way, I know how much wiggle room I have for snacks.

craftscout - I am also a Girl Scout leader and have planned many SU events. It's a thankless job, and I use the word "job" loosely since you don't get paid. The people who never plan or organize anything themselves are the worst offenders. But now that my troop is reaching the end of high school and are talking about being troop leaders themselves, it makes me proud. The ones who are graduating this year are really upset that they have to leave the troop. Hang in there - the girls appreciate what you are doing, and that is all that matters.
  • craftscout
    Options
    Got my kickboxing in, my FitBit did the happy dance that says I hit 10,000 steps. Except for a bag of Popchips I ate because the post workout hunger hit at a bad time, I ate well today.

And considering I searched through the MFP database for a fast food goody I could have to stop the hunger headache, and then decided to get the Popchips, I think even that was actually a good decision.
  • matfatcowboy
    matfatcowboy Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Welcome to barbcolson! Glad to have you.

Day 1...
    Dear Diary,
    It's cold and lonely out here on the weight loss trail. I lost my travel companion a few weeks ago. I think of her often. I see her occasionally but must run from her as she carries the symbol of my undoing. How I miss the good times we shared, the late night talks, the late night drives, the late night snacks.. God I miss the snacks. If only she didn't bring that omen of ill health, that bearer of poundage, the dreaded and feared bag of golden arches.
    I shall carry on alone. If I perish, I die knowing that to the last, I stood my ground.

-cowboy
  • Peggy108
    Peggy108 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Not quite sure how this works but my goals for this next week are pretty simple:
    1. Log all my food and stay within my calorie count
    2. Meet my protein macro
    3. Log between 3000-5000 steps on my Fitbit - movement is my big challenge.
  • craftscout
    Options
    Oooooh, I can't wait to read the next installment of Cowboy's Diary! Will the vile temptress return? Will the hero have the willpower to say NO??? What a riveting (and all too familiar) story. :)

Peggy, it works in whatever way works for you.

Good decisions paid off yesterday - 1.6 pounds lost this morning. Of course, my entire body aches from the workout, but it's a "rest" day. Where I will be getting my troop ready for camp. I already have a list as long as my arm!

Shballa, thanks. You're totally right! This is my second time running this event for my Community (we changed from SU to that in our Council). I keep trying to remind myself that a lot of the leaders that are stressing me out are completely stressed themselves because they have never gone to a campout before, or they have never spent the night before. That once they have done it, once they are actually at camp, everyone's panties will unbunch. Thankfully I have an amazing Co-Chair this year who sees eye to eye with me on important issues (YES, every troop must have their own First Aider. YES, if you want to spend the night, you must have a trained Camper.), as well as incredible support from my Community and Council. Without that, I would have quit after some of the stuff I have had to deal with.
  • Italian_Buju
    Options
    Welcome to all the new posters!!

Yesterday was going great.....until evening.....I hydrated, ate well all day and got over 11K steps in....about 7:30pm I was REALLY struggling to stay awake....I got up and moved around a bit, but as soon as I sat back down, my eyelids got heavy.

My son and I wanted to watch the Big Brother premiere last night and I really struggled to stay awake for it. I ate a very large bowl of popcorn and a bag of candy, and then, when I did go to bed, I do not know what came over me, but I ended the night with cookies....and slept nearly 12 hours, not even waking up to see my son off to school this morning! Guess I was really lacking on sleep, and that always makes my cravings more intense....

Today is a new day.....I have an appt in an hour and then am heading to the gym....I am determined to meet my goals this week.....
  • HLaR79
    HLaR79 Posts: 1,519 Member
    Options
    Good morning
    I am using an old. Phone I hate it and I hope you all can read fat finger small phone text disorder

Just because I never got back on synday, I met all of last weeks goals except one 1/3 order of fries shared with my kids

So I work at the same place as my mom, and yesterday at lunch she started to struggle to.bresth. I took her to the ER and we were there for 9 hours. So I did have 7-11 but I had a chicken sandwhich and a vitamin water. No junk, no chips I am happy with myself and scared the crap out of ne. I am so fat I almost couldn't help her, I think I met my changing point

Oh I hate this phone lol

My goals this week
    2) do not obsessively weigh myself
    2) continue to avoid fast food
    3) continue to avoid 7-11 with yesterdays exception
    4) move to 15 min a day exercise
  • seasicksquid
    seasicksquid Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Had a bad last week, kind of falling off the horse a bit where working out is concerned. It was a cold rainy week, so no bike rides since last Tuesday, and I fell prey to stress and adult beverage stress therapy. I also slept weird on my neck one night and couldn't move it without extreme pain until yesterday...just an overall crappy week, except for one bright spot that is going to turn into something a lot better, and hopefully relieve me of a lot of stress.

Goals for this week:

1 - Get to the gym 3 times before Friday, and at least once this weekend.
    2 - Leave the alcohol alone. It throws me off for days on end.
    3 - Start weighing food.
    4 - Don't strive to be perfect, strive to be good enough to succeed.
  • Skittles2183
    Options
    I did the mini goal last night and logged all my food for today. but it's super low, 1200 cals. and I even have good food and snacks so I'm not sure if I should try and eat more or what I could add. or even if I should add something.

today I did my boxing class ( which was kind of a easy day because I got paired with a new girl so she was learning, which I'm fine with ) and I also did zumba.
  • jessicaelaine82
    jessicaelaine82 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Finally back at this again started yesterday. My goals this week.

1) Start logging my foods again. EVERYDAY
    2) Reach 2 miles walk after work EVERYDAY
    3) Go to bed by 10 each night.
    4) Stop drinking sodas again.
    5) Make my water intake goal EVERYDAY.
  • Skittles2183
    Options
    Ok a friend helped me today to up my Cals and I just logged all my food for tomorrow. so this pre logging helps me a lot
  • craftscout
    Options
    I don't think I'm going to get to 8000 steps today. My back is killing me so much. Injured last Friday from too much bending over at work, worked out in class yesterday, and too much time spent in a chair this morning doing paperwork for the Campout this weekend. And I'm out of meloxicam. UGH!

I did participate in a race at work today, because one of my girls needed a partner. :)

But I've only eaten 1250 calories so far today, all home cooked meals. I will probably get myself some yogurt later to get myself closer to 1400 and call it a day.
  • Italian_Buju
    Options
    Today was a fair day. I woke up so late that I did not have a lot of time before having to leave for my appt. I ate chicken fingers and leftover pasta before I went out, because that was all I had time for. However, I did walk for an HOUR on the treadmill. And while I did walk pretty slow a lot of the time as I was feeling sluggish from the crappy meal, I think the whole watching movies on my tablet while walking is gonna help me go longer. When I am listening to music I struggle really bad to walk 30 minutes. Reading makes the time go faster, but I have to walk pretty slow to be able to keep my eyes on text. So, last week I bought a large 10 inch tablet, and I get free HBO on it with my cable subscription, so I watched half a movie today and the time went by much easier.....gonna try and stick with that.....

For dinner I ate chicken and potatoes, I had company, and I didn't weigh anything or even have a single veggie today.....*sigh*, I did not log either. But today was still a vast improvement over yesterday and certainly over the last few weeks.....I am heading to bed soon, and tomorrow will be even better!