Rings too big

Options
shballa
shballa Posts: 133 Member
My problem is that my wedding and anniversary rings are too big. I want to wait until I reach my goal weight to get them resized. I bought plastic ring guards but they look absolutely hideous. I'm worried that the metal ones will scratch my rings. Has anyone used the metal ones? Did they scratch? I also read somewhere on here about a gel that you can paint onto the inside of the ring. But my concern is that it will be hard to get the gel off the rings, or will discolor them. Any advice?

Replies

• Miss_Mania
    Miss_Mania Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    I'm actually having the same issue and would love to know. I know that it's best to wait to your goal weight because jewelers will only resize a ring once or twice. I hope you find out for us because I feel so naked when I don't wear my ring lol
  • craftscout
    craftscout Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    Sorry, can't help on the question you actually asked, but a suggestion for how to wear your rings until you get them resized is to wear them on a necklace chain. :) That's what I plan to do when my wedding ring gets too loose (it just recently got to the point where I can wear it again!)
  • ScrAgnX
    ScrAgnX Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    My wife bought a cheap titanium ring on amazon for herself to wear at work (no stones for animals to swallow), and I've done the same for my interim rings during weight loss. My wedding band can't be resized, but when I reach a stopping point I'll get another nice permanent ring.

Some options are silicone rings like Qalo http://qalo.com/, or cheap rings from Amazon (Men's titanium are in the $5-$10 range, and I'd assume you can find women's similarly priced, or just buy small mens).
  • chezz
    chezz Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    my husband waited till he lost is weight to have is ring done i will wait till i get to my goal weight to have my done
  • amcook4
    amcook4 Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    MY husband & I have both had this problem, we are temporary fixing the issue two different ways. I bought a smaller, thin stacking band to wear in front of my set, which blocks my big rings from falling off. My husband bought a cheap temporary ring from Amazon. We only want to re-size once, so this works fine until then!
  • on2016
    on2016 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I wear the cheap stainless steel rings too (mostly because I keep damaging my rings while working). They work great as placeholder rings.

Mine is just a 'plain' band, but they also have some with patterns and stones (fake of course) if that is your preference.

I even have spares in the car in case I rush out the house and forget mine. When they get damaged, or too big, I just buy another one.

PS My wife also used titanium (or steel? can't remember) rings after our kid was born since they were a lot more 'kid friendly'.
  • HLaR79
    HLaR79 Posts: 1,519 Member
    Options
    I can't imagine wearing a ring just to have one in place, I wear my one ring that is to small on a chain! I would love to have the other problem of too big