Best Cookbooks/Sites With Easy Recipes?

Options
2»

Replies

• abcdef514
    abcdef514 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I like the Washington Post (http://www.washingtonpost.com/pb/recipes) -- you can select lots of different options for quick, healthy, different ingredients, etc. And I've had way more success with their recipes than with ones I find on Pinterest or other places online. They seem to do a good job testing them in advance.
  • eileenpage52
    Options
    Someone here recommended the Skinny Kitchen site and I have been using these recipes.. They are wonderful! Highly recommend!
  • anna0270
    Options
    I love Emily bites. Her recipes are very simple but they are very delicious. She lists all the nutritional information and even weight watchers points
  • catatonicTheorist
    catatonicTheorist Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    The Vegan Stoner is my FAVORITE recipe blog. They also have two books out, and I own them both. I'm not vegan myself, but the recipes are incredibly easy, customizeable, and (mostly) good for you. Those guys taught me how to cook. I owe them my whole life.

There's also a Tumblr blog called No-More-Ramen that's targeted specifically to college students but also has an emphasis on simplicity and accessibility for people with chronic illnesses or disabilities. I love them, too.
  • Liftin4food
    Liftin4food Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    I don't follow the plan - but I do pinch some of the slimming world recipes - there's some on their site, and a load more on Pinterest (which as someone mentioned earlier is a fab source of recipes!)
  • joeymarszalek
    joeymarszalek Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Hungry Girl is a good one too.. there's a website, email subscription and cook books available.
  • thisisatest1994
    thisisatest1994 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I like the "Healthy College Cookbook". Its on amazon for kindle at like $2. You can also read it as a cloud reader if you don't have a kindle.
  • jamie_reynolds
    jamie_reynolds Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    http://ohmyveggies.com/ !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • eseviour1981
    Options
    I'm a sucker for dessert, so I love chocolate covered Katie
    http://chocolatecoveredkatie.com/
  • melissaludysanon
    Options
    I use it too

• pamk62
    pamk62 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Organize Yourself Skinny
  • Tatarataa
    Tatarataa Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    Many weight watchers recipes are useful because of the many veggies they contain (and therefore filling yet not too many calories). You can find them online eg on pinterest and on blogs or in cookbooks.
  • Tatarataa
    Tatarataa Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    Another idea is to look up recipes on google in other countries (if you know the language sufficiently). For example try out www.google.fr and look up "real" French weight loss recipes...
  • sebenza512
    sebenza512 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Kalyn's Kitchen has lots of great low carb recipes, mostly tuned to a South Beach type diet. I find I have to pay attention to calories per serving and types of fat in some of these recipes, but I haven't cooked anything from here that wasn't completely delicious. Lots of great crock pot recipes!

NomNom Paleo also has fabulous recipes. Again, I find I have to pay attention to calories and serving size (but that might be because I'm on 1400/day right now).
  • kadesbully088
    kadesbully088 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Eatingwell.com I also have cooking light crock pot meals
  • AristaStar
    AristaStar Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I use allrecipes.com a lot, pinterest is great for having everything in one spot, but I'm seeing some listed here I'm going to give a go. Thanks for this thread :)