How many calories?

Options
MFP tells me to eat 1000 calories a day. It's hard, but I'm doing it, and I've finally lost 3 lbs being very strict with that.
But wow am I tired. I have no energy no matter how much coffee I drink. It's going to be hard to keep this up.
I can't see that anyone else is on calories that low, are you?
Everything I read online seems to say I should be having 1200.
Thoughts?

Replies

• Rogsman
    Rogsman Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Try your stats at IIFYM and see what it says as a comparison. You can manually adjust MFP to match IIFYM if you want. http://iifym.com/iifym-calculator/

All these calculators are just estimates, you have to tweak to you start getting results but also have to tweak till you end up with something sustainable. Everyone is going to be different.

• jenmom2myboys
    jenmom2myboys Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    I am surprised at that. Mfp should not put anyone below 1200.
  • hezemakiah
    hezemakiah Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Wow! I thought 1200 was hard!!!!!
  • snorklr
    snorklr Posts: 28
    Options
    Thanks all.
    Thanks rogsman; never heard of iifym before. Interesting site. Need to do some more measurements and calculations but at first glance it's saying more like 1400. Hmmm.
  • SwissDave
    SwissDave Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    1400 sounds more realistic to me
  • CKMillson
    CKMillson Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I thought 1200 was the lowest possible. 1400 seems much more realistic. If you are exhausted than you aren't eating enough, you don't want to put your body into starvation mode! Take care!
  • snorklr
    snorklr Posts: 28
    Options
    Thanks all.
    I went into my goals on mfp and I had selected lightly active. I clicked it so I could read the descriptions and even though I didn't change lightly active it changed my calls to 1200. Weird. But 1200 seems more doable.