Options
paultassy
paultassy Posts: 281 Member
Which one(s) do you use?

Replies

• Keladelphia
    Keladelphia Posts: 820 Member
    Options
    I use Beyond the Whiteboard and love it. It's really helped me to find and focus on my weaknesses.
  • paultassy
    Options
    I use Beyond the Whiteboard and love it. It's really helped me to find and focus on my weaknesses.

Beyond the Whiteboard. Love the name!! I'll check it out!
  • Keladelphia
    Options
    I do think I should have added that it requires a paid for subscription. I'm not sure how much since my box covers the cost for us but I would guess relatively inexpensive.
  • MDLNH
    MDLNH Posts: 587 Member
    Options
    I just started using SugarWOD . . . It allows me to track each WOD, PR and/or Goal. Others from my box can join, see my results, track my progress and provide "fist-bumps" for encouragement. My box has it's own page and the daily WODs are posted to a whiteboard. *you can also create and add your own custom WODs.
  • paultassy
    Options
    I do think I should have added that it requires a paid for subscription. I'm not sure how much since my box covers the cost for us but I would guess relatively inexpensive.
    $5 monthly after a 30 free trial :-)
  • ascrit
    ascrit Posts: 770 Member
    Options
    I use MyWOD
  • GabriellaVioletta
    GabriellaVioletta Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Our box uses: Wodify. All members track their progress and you can see the whiteboard on your app so makes it nice and competitive. Think it would need to be something your box adopted though for you to use it
  • emma7437
    emma7437 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    I can add a plus one for beyond the whiteboard :smile:
  • wiginn
    wiginn Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    I used to use MyWOD and loved it, but our box implemented WODify several months ago so now I'm using that.
  • paultassy
    Options
    I've been using beyond the whiteboard but I'm not sure how well I like it. I have nothing to compare it to. I wanna track progress. To be able in the future to Look back and see what I was snatching 3 months ago, etc
  • Keladelphia
    Options
    Paultassy, it's a little complex to get the hang of, it might be easier to log into the website first as its a little easier to navigate than the app until you get the hang of it. Once you have started logging workouts you can click your fitness level and choose the type of lift (ex. olympic) and then choose the lift (ex jerk) it will show you all of your logged jerks and how you have progressed. If you explore the analyze section on the website it would not only shows and charts you how you've progressed with your jerk but it would compare it to your your other overhead lifts to help you determine if something is a technique problem or a strength problem. Once you've logged a good amount of workouts it really fine tunes what you need to focus on including things like heavy vs. body weight metcons.
  • Keladelphia
    Options
    Also, I think they have a video tutorial somewhere on the site.
  • Angimom
    Angimom Posts: 1,463 Member
    Options
    My box doesn't use an app. We still use pen and paper. Which is the best stand alone app do you think?
  • paultassy
    Options
    Paultassy, it's a little complex to get the hang of, it might be easier to log into the website first as its a little easier to navigate than the app until you get the hang of it. Once you have started logging workouts you can click your fitness level and choose the type of lift (ex. olympic) and then choose the lift (ex jerk) it will show you all of your logged jerks and how you have progressed. If you explore the analyze section on the website it would not only shows and charts you how you've progressed with your jerk but it would compare it to your your other overhead lifts to help you determine if something is a technique problem or a strength problem. Once you've logged a good amount of workouts it really fine tunes what you need to focus on including things like heavy vs. body weight metcons.

Ok. Thank you! I have been logging my workouts and lifestyle points, but you're right, there seems to be no rhyme or reason to it. I'll check out the site
  • learning2fly4
    learning2fly4 Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    use mywod and we are now using WODify at the gym. Both are fine and serviceable, but i also use paper.
  • jaded082
    jaded082 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    We use wodify at our box. Love it!
  • Angimom
    Angimom Posts: 1,463 Member
    Options
    Wodify it is!
  • officialcrossfitguy
    officialcrossfitguy Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    PocketWOD as it allows my box WODS to be feed so I always know what I've done.
  • paultassy
    Options
    I gave up on BTWB and downloaded MyWOD, because I discovered the WODs from my gym are linked to it so I don't have to manually put in the WOD. It's also much easier to navigate and track progress
  • princessxmeow
    princessxmeow Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    We have our own app that our staff created. We fill out a basic athlete profile and it gives us lifestyle suggestions like sleep, macros, fish oil, water intake etc. we also keep our training log in there it has our WODS for the week programmed in and gives us weight recommendations based on our benchmarks. You record your time/weights/score etc for the workout and it updates your info in the database to calculate for the next workout. It has graphs and charts to track your progress too which is nice.