Coconut Crack Bar

Options
So so delicious.
1 bag unsweetened coconut flakes (about 3 cups)
3 tbs extra virgin super refined coconut oil
1/4 cup agave syrup
splash of vanilla extract
* you can add dark chocolate chips or peanut butter to this if you want :)
mix everything together, adding more agave if needed to get everything to really stick together.
smoosh--like really smoosh-- the mixture in a plastic wrapped lined container. i put a heavy book on top of the mixture too with a plastic wrap barrier so I wouldn't ruin the book.
let it set up in the fridge, cut and eat. super delicious and good for you.

Replies

• SunflowerCat74
    SunflowerCat74 Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    Do these freeze well?
  • RejsGirl
    RejsGirl Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    Where do you find unsweetened coconut flakes? I can never seem to find them, only sweetened!
  • reddbutterfly
    Options
    krogers has them in the bake goods
  • lkglenister
    lkglenister Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Made these with a friend today! Turned out well!
  • AmazonMayan
    AmazonMayan Posts: 1,168 Member
    Options
    I actually saw unsweetened coconut flakes in walmart recently. It was in the baking aisle. I was amazed LOL. I usually buy it at whole foods. They sometimes have it in their bulk section and I always find bags of it with baking items.

This recipe sounds good and I may try it with honey instead of agave (my tummy doesn't like it too much). I looooovvvvveee coconut.
  • luv2avfun
    Options
    I'm in the UK and I've never heard of agave, what is it and would I be likely to find it in the supermarket or maybe the health shop.
  • calismoonelf
    calismoonelf Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    You can usually substitute honey in the place of agave syrup, just alter your nutritional info.
  • chandramiller68
    chandramiller68 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    This sounds yummy! Thanks for sharing. I know this is a random question...I have always used honey as a sweetner in my coffee. Is agave syrup good in coffee? Does it alter the taste? Just curious....