Suggestions for abs routine

Options
alisonstory
alisonstory Posts: 39 Member
Hi does anyone have a killer ab routine to share ?
Iv been alternating between cable crunch 45kg x 15 3 set chair /hanging leg raises and air bicycle
And incline with 5 kg x 25 3 set crunches and flat leg raise
Would love some new ideas

Replies

• kjm3579
    kjm3579 Posts: 3,974 Member
    Options
    Squat heavy and often. Deadlifts. Diet to reduce body fat (of course, looking at your picture it looks like that is under control).
  • JohnRHII
    Options
    Check out Rob Riches ab routines on you tube or wherever you can find them. Seems lower and upper crunches are the main thing. Of coarse you have to diet down to see your abs, it is a fine line if you are trying to bulk up and stay cut up. Bulking requires body fat...no way around it. If you are happy with your size, you have to fine tune your diet and crunch those abs. Good Luck .
  • Dell2u
    Dell2u Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Hi does anyone have a killer ab routine to share ?
    Iv been alternating between cable crunch 45kg x 15 3 set chair /hanging leg raises and air bicycle
    And incline with 5 kg x 25 3 set crunches and flat leg raise
    Would love some new ideas

Try these for a couple weeks:
    1)Decline crunch with exercise ball;
    2) Russian twist with exercise ball or kettlebell (can be done side to side as well as overhead)
    3) Standing cable crunch (with back towards the cable)
    4) Decline lying leg raise with ankle weights
    5) Hanging knee raise with medicine ball
    6) Hip thrust under the smith machine.....

Just a few for variety
  • pamelatorbett
    Options
    I use a Swiss ball. Lots of videos on that for abs, usually use it under feet in push up style, then with ball under your feet, bring your knees to your chest making the ball roll with your feet to your chest alternate with rolling ball with your feet and pike your butt and hips into the air for a pike position. You will feel it!
  • TFarkas18
    TFarkas18 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Ive tried many things over the years but the one that works the best is regular old incline sit ups with a plate on my chest. Finish off with some hanging leg raises and its a great burn. I have recently gotten back to this and feel that the results are coming quickly. I just need to lose some fat.

Good luck.