Howdy

Options
Hey peeps.....i am a 41yr old mom to 3 TEEN girls...so my life is filled with drama! I finally quit smokin a year ago and now I am about 40lbs over weight and have tried my usual way of losing weight with my fitness pal and walking....but its not working this time. So i think my metabolism is slowing down.
Need some help!!
Also looking for anyone who would want to buddy walk with or maybe meet once a week for a lunch & hold each other accountable, I live in Lexington, Ky if anyone is interested!!
Blessings

Replies

• shaumom
    shaumom Posts: 1,003 Member
    Options
    Heya!
    I'm 42 with two teens myself - I know my level of drama, so I am impressed that you are still surviving with even more of it, LOL.

Good luck1
  • teresanesselrode2015
    teresanesselrode2015 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Me too...i got a 15 yr old boy and a19 yr old girl talk about sibling rivalry lol i was an only child so not used to all the drama. I hate exercise but I'm just tired of being tired and fat so here i am!
  • fowen31
    fowen31 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hey! I'm new too! Started MFP for a 2nd time 3 weeks ago. I've lost about 8 lbs in 3weeks but I think a lot of that was water weight. I too quite smoking 2 and a half years ago and have gained about 30lbs since I quit but I was a little overweight before I quit smoking. My goal is to lose 30 lbs by the dec for my daughter's wedding and because my bloodwork a few weeks ago wasn't that good. Oh I'm 47 years old and have 3 kids ages 24,21 and 10 years old and a disabled husband so I have a pretty full plate,lol!
    I would love any suggestions or motivations!
  • mominstands
    mominstands Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Congrats on the stopping smoking.......I've been trying since the 1st of the year to stop!!