poor eating habits

Options
when im stressed at work tend to go for vending machine any suggestions.

Replies

• alliemay1024
    alliemay1024 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    DON'T DO IT!!! But seriously... Do they have any healthy selections? Water!!
  • omelet2000
    omelet2000 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    I used to do that all the time ... Don't bring any dollar bills or coins to work
  • Sarah421151
    Sarah421151 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Been there! Leave a apple or box of rainsins in your desk for times like this!!! My favorite is Triscuits!! I need that crunch to satisfy me!
  • ahealthiercara
    ahealthiercara Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Bring fruit to work or other healthy snacks. Drink a big glass of water before you go to the vending machine and see if you still want something after. When I'm feeling 'snacky' at work sometimes hot tea works better than water because I feel like I'm eating food. Numi Tea makes these savory teas that seem kind of odd but they're great for afternoon snacks.
  • rebekahzinn1
    rebekahzinn1 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Take a walk or stretch break. Even a 5-10 minute exercise break will really cut down on stress. I also now tell myself "NO CHOICE!" Instead of saying to myself, at various times, "maybe I'll just have a healthy snack, or half a snack, or none, or all of it, or none," I just say "No Choice!." It really helps my brain relax and just believe, "Oh, well, I don't have a choice. I'm not having a snack." This is a Dr. Judith Beck cognitive therapy approach.