KETO AND WEIGHT-TRAINING

Options
Hey Guys!

Is anyone into weight training or P90X while on keto/lchf? I just started keto/lcfc lifestyle.

Replies

• KnitOrMiss
    KnitOrMiss Posts: 10,104 Member
    Options
    There are several who are, but I'm not one of them. It takes a while to adapt (switch your body from burning carbs for energy to burning fat for energy), so that first week or so, you likely need to take it easier... There may be more folks on the Low Carbers Daily forum than here, at first... If you don't get some better answers, shoot my a PM and I'll look up some links for you.
  • kirkor
    kirkor Posts: 2,530 Member
    Options
    Yep, I lift. Check http://www.reddit.com/r/ketogains for a good community.
  • kmca1803
    kmca1803 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I lift and do HIIT workouts several times a week. Have absolutely no problems with either on a keto w.o.e.
    When I was first adapting, I did take a short break from it as I got the keto flu quite badly, but it was very transient and easily treated. I often exercise later in the day, and keto helps me to still have heaps of energy to achieve gains in exercise which I never had when eating a lot of carbs.
  • jennymaria212
    jennymaria212 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys for the encouragement! :smiley:
  • IamUndrCnstruction
    IamUndrCnstruction Posts: 691 Member
    Options
    I lift and have not had any issues past the first couple of weeks. My work outs are not intense by most people's standards but for me they are. I don't know if that's why I haven't had any issues lifting while in keto.
  • FXOjafar
    FXOjafar Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    I do light resistance training with lots of stretching between sets. I'm building and firming up slowly as I go. I'm careful not to spend too much time with elevated heart rate in the cardio zone. Cardio is catabolic (muscle eating) when you have depleted glycogen stores like most Keto people.