Hydration!

Options
Julie20fan
Julie20fan Posts: 361 Member
Keeping your body properly hydrated is so important. I found myself very dehydrated when I woke up this morning. I check to see how much water I had consumed yesterday and only got 60 ounces in. You should be drinking half your body weight in ounces. How much are you drinking a day?

Replies

• mallen40
    mallen40 Posts: 119 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    I haven't checked in for awhile. :( hope everyone is doing well!

I drink half my weight in water every day. I struggle on the weekends because I am so busy. But found if I keep a few bottles of water in my trunk and keep at least one in my cup holder it reminds me to drink. I will stop when we are out and get my cup filled with ice. I can tell when I have not drank enough because my lower back in the kidney area gets sore and I will get a headache too. I downloaded an app to my phone that helps to remind me. It's called water your body.

I have been really focused this pasted week and want to keep the momentum going. Had a wake up call last weekend. My cousin who was 14 died of a massive heart attack. He was over weight with health issues. Then just a week before that took my daughter to the doctors and she NEEDS to lose weight. She is in the 99% range for weight at her age. NOT GOOD! So I have really been focusing on her helping her make good choices and setting an example for her. Tonight she wanted to just sit around so I told her lets go to the track at the school by us. You can ride your bike while I walk. She said Yes! That would be fun. So off we went. I would say she did about 3 miles of biking :D
  • Julie20fan
    Julie20fan Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    I am so sorry for your loss Melissa. I am happy to hear you are getting your daughter out and she as well as you are enjoying the outdoors. It's always nice to do something with someone else. I love to bike. There is a trail near my house and I got up to 10 miles a day at one point. It's always nice to be outside and enjoy what God created.