Do you think that you fit into a paleo or primal diet?

Options
KKameka
KKameka Posts: 37 Member
I don't think that i fit into either, I think that I am going to find my own path.

Replies

• booplouise
    booplouise Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I know I don't. I'm gluten, dairy, and beef intolerant with some smaller weird ones. I love my bread, cheese, and chocolates though.. So I personally don't have the willpower to go paleo. Instead I'm making more of my meals and having natural grains (like rice) or starches like potatoes and then throwing in bits and pieces of preprocessed items like these awesome toaster waffles that ate gluten/egg/dairy/soy free.
  • KKameka
    KKameka Posts: 37 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    I am a chef, so primal and paleo diets are a no way! :D I believe in food evolution! I am gluten free lactose free reduced sugars and starches and I eat most lean protein. You can check out my diary if you would like it is open!
  • CorinnaShaw
    CorinnaShaw Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    I try my best to follow Paleo. I have near perfect BG control when I do. I am struggling to give up cheese and bouillon though as these are my low carb guilty pleasures. It's hard to stick to because I am sure I have a carb addiction. I crave them but I get sick when I eat them. Probably due to my diabetes. I have to say, Paleo has probably been the best thing I have ever done for myself health wise despite the fact that I struggle to stick to it. I guess I am a work in progress.
  • Bonny132
    Bonny132 Posts: 3,617 Member
    Options
    Neither, I combine the best from various places that works for me. I do not think we were meant to be completely one or the other, but I can see why some people thrive on the strict rules of paleo for example (I have looked into Paleo, primal not so much) Saying that, I do eat high protein, low(ish) carbs and pretty high fat daily, with very little processed food.

If only I had ate this way for years, I would not be here now trying to loose weight.... lol
  • CdnDi
    CdnDi Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Pretty much Paleo here. The less processing of foods, the better it is for me. We are all a work in progress, Corinna..just do the best you can. I am aiming to put together 2 weeks worth of daily menu's together to keep me on track and make it easier to do the grocery shopping.