Your Favourite go to Recipe.....

Options
KKameka
KKameka Posts: 37 Member
What recipe has been your favourite along your journey? And why? If you would like to include the recipe even better!

Replies

• molaufy
    molaufy Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Chickpea salad, salmon, eggs and turkey sausage, brussel sprouts and green beans are all quick favorites.
  • booplouise
    booplouise Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    These flourless peanut butter cookies: http://nu.spoonuniversity.com/recipe/flourless-peanut-butter-cookies-with-a-twist/

They are gluten free, and can be dairy free if you use dairy free chocolate chips or no chocolate chips.
  • KKameka
    Options
    http://ca.daiyafoods.com/products/dairy-free-cheese-pizza/cheeze-lovers-pizza

For a quick meal I will pick up a daiya cheese pizza, gluten free and dairy free! I then out my own toppings on it. I thought I had to give up pizza night, but I don't. So I pick up this pizza for me and grab a regular one for everyone else in the family.
  • booplouise
    Options
    I tried daiya cheese and I just couldn't do it. I tried it with chicken and a corn tortilla and I threw the food away. I actually started putting cucumbers on my tacos to get a cold chewy snap thing.
  • CorinnaShaw
    CorinnaShaw Posts: 136 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    I love this Bistro Roast Chicken. I skip the garlic head though and I also use chicken breasts with skin and bone instead of a whole chicken.

http://yumdom.com/bistro-roast-chicken/163321

**Bistro Roast Chicken**

Serve the roasted heads of garlic on the side. Squeeze out the pulp and use it as a spread on baguette slices or as a condiment for the chicken.

**Ingredients**

2 chicken legs
    1 tsp basil leaves, dried
    1 tsp thyme leaves, dried
    1 tsp rosemary leaves, dried
    2 tsp olive oil
    1/2 tsp salt
    1/4 tsp black pepper
    2 whole head garlic

**Steps**

1. Preheat oven to 375°.

2. Rinse chicken with cold water; pat dry. Trim excess fat. Loosen skin from thigh and leg by inserting fingers, gently pushing between skin and meat. Combine basil and next 5 ingredients (basil through pepper). Rub herb mixture under loosened skin. Place chicken on a broiler pan. Insert meat thermometer into meaty part of thigh, making sure not to touch bone.

3. Remove white papery skin from garlic heads (do not peel or separate the cloves). Wrap each head separately in foil; place on broiler pan with chicken. Bake at 375° for 45 minutes. Increase oven temperature to 450° (do not remove chicken from oven). Bake 30 minutes or until thermometer registers 180°. Cover chicken loosely with foil; let stand 10 minutes. Discard skin.
  • KKameka
    Options
    booplouise wrote: »
    I tried daiya cheese and I just couldn't do it. I tried it with chicken and a corn tortilla and I threw the food away. I actually started putting cucumbers on my tacos to get a cold chewy snap thing.

Hey, I was wondering are you casein intolerant or lactose intolerant? Because if you are only lactose I can give you a list of cheeses that are lactose free.
  • booplouise
    Options
    KKameka wrote: »
    booplouise wrote: »

Hey, I was wondering are you casein intolerant or lactose intolerant? Because if you are only lactose I can give you a list of cheeses that are lactose free.
    Caseian unfortunately... Can't even go the goat's milk route :/
  • CdnDi
    CdnDi Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I tried the daiya cheese as well and absolutely hated it...there are lactose free cheeses ..what am I missing? Isn't all dairy the same?
  • changingleemfp
    changingleemfp Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Slow Cooker Chicken Curry

One Whole Chicken
    Two Onions
    Five Carrots
    One Green Bell Pepper
    One Can Coconut Milk
    32 Ounce Bag of Frozen Stir Fry Veggies
    Dry Curry Powder
    Two Bay Leaves
    Peri-peri Pepper Sauce or Hot Sauce
    Salt and Pepper

Cut the Carrots, Onions, and Bell Pepper into large chunks and place in Bottom of Slow Cooker with Bay Leaves, Hot Sauce, and Coconut Milk. Coat the Chicken in Curry Powder, Salt and Pepper to taste, and place Breast Side Down in Slow Cooker (on Top of veggies). Pour bag of Stir Fry Veggis on top. Add more Curry Powder, Salt, and Pepper to taste.

Cook on low for eight hours.