Passing out

chip305
chip305 Posts: 63 Member
I was sleeved on 12/2/14 so almost 4 months out. I'm down 80 lbs overall and I am eating 700 - 800 calories per day. I have passed out 3 times in the last month, I have a history of passing out years ago when I was smaller due to low blood pressure and this feels the way that used to feel. Has anyone else experienced this?

Replies

• klcovington
    klcovington Posts: 381 Member
    I would contact your doctors (primary and surgeon) ASAP and talk to them.
  • ac7nj
    ac7nj Posts: 266 Member
    chip305 wrote: »
    I was sleeved on 12/2/14 so almost 4 months out. I'm down 80 lbs overall and I am eating 700 - 800 calories per day. I have passed out 3 times in the last month, I have a history of passing out years ago when I was smaller due to low blood pressure and this feels the way that used to feel. Has anyone else experienced this?

Yes, and my Dr and I think it is blood pressure but not getting enough water can cause The same thing.

Randy
  • rscpjim
    rscpjim Posts: 72 Member
    I had a similar issue the other day when I was working on my truck. I was mounting some side rails and honestly had not turned a wrench or lifted anything heavy since my surgery in Jan. I got light headed and a little nauseated after a few hrs of hard work. Thought maybe blood pressure or dehydration. SO drank more liquids still nauseated. too a breather and checked my blood pressure it was fine. Who knows. Just have to keep an eye on things.
  • bikrchk
    bikrchk Posts: 516 Member
    Yes. Dehydration contributes to low blood pressure. Nausea is another symptom of dehydration. Get a home BP monitor so you can check it and get to the doc especially if you're losing conciousness. It can help to add some G2 or other electrolyte beverage to your diet too.
  • asia1967
    asia1967 Posts: 707 Member
    edited March 2015
    Also think about low blood sugars. I now have that problem and must eat something small every 2-3 hrs. If I don't I end up feeling light headed and weak, I thought it was my BP. Good luck and please don't leave it, call the doc.
  • lbrown1428
    lbrown1428 Posts: 116 Member
    I have blackouts in my eyes from low blood pressure/dehydration. I have never had an issue with my blood pressure before I always ran normal 120/70, now it's low 90 over low 50 because of being dehydrated. This all started aftwr my surgery 6 months ago. They told me to start getting my fluids and vitamins in regularly or thar it will only get worse to the point of full blown passing out.
  • thin2be2013
    thin2be2013 Posts: 49 Member
    I am 16 months post-op and I still have semi-black outs when I stand up too fast if I don't get enough water in. Scares the begibbies out of me when it happens, so I always make it a point to start off each day with a full 32 ounces of water.
  • Mangopickle
    Mangopickle Posts: 1,509 Member
    Yes, 5 months out I had lost a good amount of weight and my blood pressure had not caught up, any bending over for even a few seconds caused near fainting. I had to add G2 Gatorade for 3 months until I stabilized. I am assuming you are hitting your, liquid, vitamin and protein goals.
  • spfldpam
    spfldpam Posts: 738 Member
    My blood pressure is low even though I drink 80 oz or more of water a day. It is lower now since loosing weight and doing gym workouts. I sometimes feel light headed and dizzy but I think it is my sinuses more than anything to do with WLS since it seems to be in the morning.
    It could be low blood sugar also.
    Best thing to do is check with your dr to be safe.