Daily Check-In

Options

Replies

• schneizilla
    schneizilla Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Scudder76 wrote: »
    this afternoon might be perfect for a nap! ;)

every afternoon is good for a nap :#
  • rebolaugh
    rebolaugh Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Last night, my wife commented that my arms are thinner, which was nice to hear. But I think I took that as permission to go and eat all the chocolate and cookies in a weird bingey self-sabotaging way. I'm not sure what happened but I felt totally out of control. I also have PMS so that could be to blame. Ah well, today is a new day. :/
  • sweetleilanimae
    sweetleilanimae Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone. I'm joining in! Cool thread.
    This week I started the Hal Higdon training program because I needed some other ideas for working out to cross-train with running. Today I ran 1.5miles (about 20 minutes) and then did various core strength workouts.
    Yesterday I upped my calorie intake from 1200 to 1315. I haven't gone over 1200 because of the exercise, but it puts less pressure on me and feels less stressful and will definitely help on my rest day.
  • schneizilla
    schneizilla Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Hello sweet! What's Hal Higdon training about?
  • sweetleilanimae
    edited March 2015
    Options
    It's a running training program. I mainly want to run, but this has some cross-training also. I am not prepping for a specific run right now so I am just following loosely based on the time I have to work out (usually 30-40 minutes during the week).
    http://www.halhigdon.com/training/51122/10K-Novice-Training-Program
  • HedgeHaug
    HedgeHaug Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    Good afternoon Karen, b_ray, Guinevere, rebo, Schneizilla, Scudder, therealpatrick, and sweetlielani! Good day here! Chased the lab around our property until she slipped through the fence, then chased her around the neighbor's property! DO LABS EVER GROW UP???
  • HedgeHaug
    Options
    OH, and welcome home, electriq! I'm sorry about the job falling through, but happy you are safely home.
  • nuttyengineer
    nuttyengineer Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    I've had a couple of "bleh" days. I haven't had much of an appetite (which is weird, because normally I am constantly craving sugar and whatnot) and we tried a new workout routine yesterday and I have sore muscles in places where they don't normally get sore. I'm thinking I'm going to skip tomorrow's workout to give myself a couple of extra days to recover.

Good news is, I wasn't even remotely tempted by the donuts in the breakroom yesterday.
  • nuttyengineer
    Options
    Good morning!!

Well, first of all, let me introduce myself: I'm Karen, 27 years old from sunny Colombia. :)

Today is a wonderful day for me! Just hit my second goal, which was 251, and my starting weight was 273; I'm feeling very happy and optimistic!! Tonight I'm going out to celebrate with some yummy korean food (all in moderation and of course, keeping the calories down).

Welcome to the thread and congratulations!
  • wikpix
    wikpix Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone!
    I'm in Sydney, Australia. I've enjoyed reading some of your updates and it is making feel motivated to get out there!

It's friday today and I work until midday with a break at around 10. Normally I have my breakfast before I leave for work then have a cappuccino when I get there and take a few small snacks with me for my morning tea and to eat on the way home and then I have my lunch when I get home. Well, today I forgot my my snacks! instead of raiding the vending machine though I went to a new supermarket that has recently opened near work and bought an apple and muesli bar which saw me through until I got home.

I've had a pretty good week - although yesterday I did overeat a bit although I was able to squeeze in a run before my dragon boat training so I ended up with a good calorie deficit.

I've just had my lunch and now I am going to head out for a bicycle ride. I plan on exploring a cycle path that I haven't ridden before but I just found out it is close to my house. I think it will be around 30km all up.

Have a great day!
  • ryanp_942
    ryanp_942 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone, turns out it was indeed tonsillitis but the doctor prescribed me some antibiotics and I now feel much better :) Had a peek at the scale and it's down by 4lbs since last week but I'm taking that as water weight loss and expect it to come back as I start eating more solid foods again so won't log it ;)

I'm reminded of the character Emily from Devil Wears Prada saying "I'm only one stomach bug away from my goal weight" :P
  • sweetleilanimae
    Options
    wikpix wrote: »
    Hi Everyone!
    I'm in Sydney, Australia. I've enjoyed reading some of your updates and it is making feel motivated to get out there!

I've just had my lunch and now I am going to head out for a bicycle ride. I plan on exploring a cycle path that I haven't ridden before but I just found out it is close to my house. I think it will be around 30km all up.

Have a great day!

Welcome @wikpix !
    ryanp_942 wrote: »
    I'm reminded of the character Emily from Devil Wears Prada saying "I'm only one stomach bug away from my goal weight" :P

@ryanp_942‌ I'm glad you're feeling better! Love that quote. haha
  • electriq
    electriq Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    sappho123 wrote: »
    OH, and welcome home, electriq! I'm sorry about the job falling through, but happy you are safely home.

Thanks, I have been feeling pretty down about it. That was pretty much my dream job *sad face*.

I decided that 2 days curled in a ball without leaving the house was enough (actually that's not true I went to the store yesterday to get chocolate so technically did leave the house). Today however I went for a 7km (4.3mi) run this morning and then a spin class this evening. I am begrudgingly returning to the job searching. Bah Humbug!
  • ryanp_942
    ryanp_942 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Thanks @sweetleilanimae (& @guinevere96 @sappho123 for the earlier messages!)

I've been looking after my sisters cute little French bulldog puppy for the last couple of days while I've been home, it's very lively and ready for walkies every 2 minutes so it'll give me a chance to get out a bit :)
    electriq wrote: »

Today however I went for a 7km (4.3mi) run this morning and then a spin class this evening. I am begrudgingly returning to the job searching. Bah Humbug!

Sorry to hear about the job, try to stay positive though these things happen to the best of us *hugs*

• HedgeHaug
    Options
    Good morning, all! I want to get out and do some work on the property. The stalls are in disrepair and the fences and drive need to be trimmed! Have a wonderful day!
  • therealpatrick
    therealpatrick Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Psyched about my latest skin fold caliper test. Body fat percentage down to 10.6%
  • electriq
    electriq Posts: 359 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    ryanp_942 wrote: »

Sorry to hear about the job, try to stay positive though these things happen to the best of us *hugs*

Thanks man.
    I am feeling better today. Some good coffee and music will do that.
  • Scudder76
    Scudder76 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Ugh! I'm having one of those days where I want to eat EVERYTHING. TWICE!

Pretty sure it's anxiety/stress. My first big bike event of the season is next Sat, and the endless winter has kept me from training like I should/want/need. It's snowing again today!

I'm trying to funnel the anxious energy into chores, but what I really want is a dozen donuts.
  • nuttyengineer
    edited March 2015
    Options
    @therealpatrick‌ Congratulations on the caliper test.

I'm finally over whatever funk I've had. I woke up this morning with an absurd amount of energy and finally had to go to gym to work it off a bit. The weather has been really nice the last couple of days so hopefully I will find an excuse to go play outside tomorrow.

Edit: Apparently hitting enter cause cause this to accidentally post...
  • HedgeHaug
    Options
    Well, I spent the day weed eating (4 to 5 hours straight). I still have a good six hours left...whine whine whine....BUT, I did get the canoe back up on the stands. It has been on the ground collecting rain water for the last couple weeks. The water was on the wrong side of the boat...growl, grich, grrr.

Happy sleeping, all!