Sucralose

Options
CEK0220
CEK0220 Posts: 171 Member
While everything is going pretty good here in my recovery, I am finding that anything with Sucralose is causing tummy troubles. The only problem with that is that I am on clear liquids only, so that means I can't have my jello, Isopure protein drink, or Nectar protein drink. That makes it much harder to get protein in to help with the healing. Waiting to hear back from the dietician, but was wondering if anyone else has had this issue?

Replies

• tat2cookie
    tat2cookie Posts: 1,899 Member
    Options
    I used a vegan protein powder that met the guidelines by my dr & nutritionist. I also made my own jello with unflavored beef collagen and fresh fruit juice (citrus was my fav). You can also purée plain Greek yogurt with fresh berries. I preferred that over pudding.
  • CEK0220
    Options
    I can't have anything pureed just yet. Still on just clear liquids. But I think I will be getting some unflavored protein powder this week. Thanks tat2cookie.
  • KarlaYP
    KarlaYP Posts: 4,439 Member
    Options
    I had clear liquids while in the hospital only. At discharge I was put on full liquids. You may want to double check your diet plan. Otherwise I don't have any suggestions to help, sorry. Hope you find what you need soon.
  • CEK0220
    Options
    I heard back from the nutritionist. She said I could add in the milk based protein drinks but only use water for mixing right now. She also suggested that I try to just have smaller amounts to see how it goes. We will see. Thanks ladies!
  • ac7nj
    ac7nj Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    CEK0220 wrote: »
    I heard back from the nutritionist. She said I could add in the milk based protein drinks but only use water for mixing right now. She also suggested that I try to just have smaller amounts to see how it goes. We will see. Thanks ladies!

Important. Try new things slower than you need to. Going slow will save you from bad reactions or at least minimize them.

Randy
  • CEK0220
    Options
    Thanks Randy. Will definitely keep that in mind.
  • Bugged53
    Bugged53 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I do know that if I eat or drink too fast I have problems