100 LBS. Lost Club ~ Members?

Options
DittoDan
DittoDan Posts: 1,850 Member
edited February 2015 in Social Groups
I want to honor all those that have lost 100 lbs.

At the time of your decision to join MFP and start losing your weight, you were probably (but not always):
  • Morbidly obese and on a path to destruction,
  • Having difficulty with common everyday life issues,
  • Diabetic or pre-diabetic, insulin resistant,
  • Metabolic syndrome,
  • Had many co-morbidity issues like: high blood pressure, high cholesterol (the bad ones), inflammation of the joints,
  • At risk of having a cardiac event,
  • Lethargic, sedentary and out-of-shape,
  • Had edema (swellings),
  • Longed for your youthful pre-fat days.
  • Probably tried and failed with low fat diets or failed on: {insert your diet plan here}
  • You HATED being fat! Or possibly depressed.
  • (and many other maladies that beset morbidly obese people.)
  • Taking many medications for all of the above.
So you decided to turn your life around and lose the weight. This was no small task. You may or may not of done it solely on the Ketogenic diet. It didn't matter how you lost the weight, because the fact that you did it ~ is monumental. I hope you are now doing it Ketogenically, (I believe that this is the best way to lose and maintain your weight).

I hope this post encourages others (that are needing to lose at least 100 lbs) to join the club. I am a wanna-be club member.

On an I-Pad with MFP, a person can go to their friends section, and next to their names is the amount of weight they have lost (I don't see how to do this on a PC). So today, I looked at my friends and saw these people's loss:

nicsflyingcircus 134.1 lbs loss
Latse 128 lbs loss
thegreatcanook 110.1 lbs loss
Sillyli234 106.4 lbs loss
aeb09 ‌ 103 lbs loss (Alison)
eatingfatbeingfat 100.6 lbs loss (she just joined today!)

YAY! :):D Way to go everyone. Job well done. Congrats!

The above is just from my MFP friends, and I don't have 4,000+ friends. So if you have lost 100 lbs, stand up and be recognized. Please reply, adding how much you lost ~ so we can congratulate you.

Dan the Man from Michigan

Replies

• DittoDan
    Options
    This just in: ABrownGrl (Amanda) 100 LBS loss....way to go Amanda! You're in the club... a great success!

• ABrownGrl
    ABrownGrl Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Aww...thanks! :D It hasn't been easy, but nothing worth fighting for ever is!
  • hippygirl325
    hippygirl325 Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    I second that! Congrats to all who have accomplished this!!! I too am a wanna-be club member!
  • FIT_Goat
    FIT_Goat Posts: 4,224 Member
    Options
    I will never be a member of this club. Never had that much to lose. Down about 70 from my highest... Working on maybe 10-12 more... If I pushed I could get 20 more. but that still leaves me short.

I Am so happy for those who have done such and amazing job.
  • DittoDan
    Options
    Good news! Another person joins the club, Moonius!

WAY TO GO Moonius! You have achieved a great success. Good job! :D

Here are some pics of before and after....

• baconslave
    baconslave Posts: 6,963 Member
    Options
    I'll be there in about 16 more lbs.

Congrats to those who've already made it!
  • stillonamission
    stillonamission Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Congratulations to everyone! It is so hard to stay motivated that long!

I am right there with you @Baconslave I have 17 more to go!
  • moonius
    moonius Posts: 663 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Thanks everybody! My highest weight was 380 pounds (but I avoided cameras back then). Now I just have to stay motivated to lose the next 100.
  • Mistizoom
    Mistizoom Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    Great going everyone! 6 more pounds for me, and onderland at the same time. I got there briefly last summer but this time I am fully committed to make it stick.
  • DittoDan
    Options
    Sorry for the delay, but we have a new inductee! :D Our very own PatchEFog! Yahoooo! She passed through the barrier this morning (Sunday) with a weigh-in of 100.6 lbs lost!!! I am so envious, I hope to follow in your footstep Patch!

• jacklynb46
    jacklynb46 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    A big congrats to all you big losers..we all know the struggles, but the prize at the end is so worth it!
  • PatchEFog
    PatchEFog Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    Thanks, Dan. :)
  • baconslave
    baconslave Posts: 6,963 Member
    Options
    DittoDan wrote: »
    Sorry for the delay, but we have a new inductee! :D Our very own PatchEFog! Yahoooo! She passed through the barrier this morning (Sunday) with a weigh-in of 100.6 lbs lost!!! I am so envious, I hope to follow in your footstep Patch!

Keep being awesome, chica!