Starting C25K April

Options
twinkle150
twinkle150 Posts: 133 Member
Hi Everyone - I'm starting C25k this week (beginning of April) and would love some company. If you are thinking about starting join in. We can keep each other motivated and be ready to run in one of those 5Ks by summer.

Replies

• namarc0
    namarc0 Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    Hi! This will be my second attempt at completing a program like this. The first time I got sick during week 4, and I lost my groove...NO excuses this time! I would love to work on this with you and anyone else willing to dive in. I really want to be able to complete all those 5k's for great causes, for fun, and most importantly, for me and my health. Let's do this!!
  • BeckiIVF
    BeckiIVF Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I am going to try it for the first time this week as well. I am really nervous as I am usually quite tired and sore near the end of my 30 minute walk.
  • twinkle150
    Options
    This is my second attempt too. I completed it in the fall, but then stopped once the winter weather started and I no longer had a plan. I remember last time the first week was the worst. I was out of breath trying to make it to the 1 minute mark and couldn't see myself ever making it to the end, I actually ended up doing week 1 2x as I was too scared to move on to week 2. I will say it got easier and I finished the program, but now I need to start again so I run in all those 5ks this summer.
  • ThinnerHill
    ThinnerHill Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    I want to start over again. I broke my ankle in 2 places October 2nd of last year and have been to scared to try running since.
  • twinkle150
    Options
    I have started a group here if anyone would like to join http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/104775-starting-c25k-april
  • oneoddsock
    oneoddsock Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    I'm in. I'm running the Race for Life 5k at the end of June so I'm ready to do this.
  • MeanderingMammal
    MeanderingMammal Posts: 7,866 Member
    Options
    Check in on the daily check in thread, as you'll find lots of people at each stage in the programme, as well as a handful who're well past it and onto oher things.

It'll be useful to tap into the support from people who've been through it and can offer support, as well as some advice about how they each handled some of the challenges.
  • Debechild
    Debechild Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    So glad I saw this post. I am starting on April 1st. This time I want to complete it. I would like to join you.
  • Sophiasmomma
    Sophiasmomma Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    BeckiIVF wrote: »
    I am going to try it for the first time this week as well. I am really nervous as I am usually quite tired and sore near the end of my 30 minute walk.
    I do leslie sansone dvds and after walking im sore too

my DH started with the C25k a few years ago and i always wanted to do it but am afraid of failure, Id LOVE to start this with a group of you and keep at it. My neighborhood is really hilly so im hoping i can get to an area thats flat to start with..